Diarrhea is a disorder that occurs when the digestive system is malfunctioning, resulting in frequent loose or watery stools, three or more times a day.
This article will show you how to get rid of diarrhea fast.
Thy main causes of diarrhea include viral infections, bacterial infections, food intolerance, consumption of contaminated foods and water, anxiety and intestinal diseases such as Crohn’s disease, irritable bowel syndrome and ulcerative colitis.
Symptoms that normally accompany diarrhea include abdominal pain, bloating, nausea. Most cases of diarrhea often lead to dehydration.
10 Natural Ways To Get Rid of Diarrhea Fast
If you want to know how to get rid of diarrhea fast just sit tight and read on…
1. Drink Yogurt
Yogurts are a great home remedy for diarrhea, especially the one with live bacterial cultures such as Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium
These beneficial yogurts help restore the good intestinal bacteria and destroy the bad intestinal bacteria causing diarrhea.
A 2009 study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association reveals that probiotics can help relieve antibiotic-associated diarrhea.
For effective diarrhea treatment, two bowls of yogurt a day can produce a desirable effect.
You can add or eat a banana along with your yogurt for added benefits.
2. Use Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is another potent cure for diarrhea. It has a lot of properties which could help you get rid of diarrhea with ease.
Notably, it has an antibacterial effect that helps fight against diarrhea-causing bacteria.
For effective treatment of diarrhea;
- Mix one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with a glass of water.
- Drink this mixture once or twice daily until your condition improves.
3. Eat Bananas
As mentioned earlier, it has been noted that eating a banana with yogurt can help get rid of diarrhea.
When you are suffering from diarrhea, it is advised to eat ripe bananas because of their high pectin content.
This compound Pectin is a water-soluble fiber which helps get rid of diarrhea.
Bananas also have high potassium content, an electrolyte that supports vital body functions and helps maintain electrolyte balance in the body.
For effective treatment of diarrhea, eat a few ripe bananas daily until you see improvements. PS: Bananas can also help with a stomach ulcer.
4. Carrot Soup
Carrot soup is believed to have antidyspeptic effects. If you have a carrot in your kitchen, you sure know how to get rid of diarrhea in toddlers.
Carrot soup particularly is very effective for children suffering from diarrhea because it provides the body with essential nutrients lost during diarrhea.
For effectiveness and efficiency;
- Wash, scrape and chop 500g carrots into little pieces.
- Cook the finely chopped carrots with a one-half cup of water for about 15 minutes.
- Drain the liquid and add a pinch of salt to taste.
- Eat the carrot soup daily for a few days for quick relief from diarrhea.
5. Fenugreek Seeds Can Help You Get Rid of Diarrhea
When it comes to getting rid of diarrhea, fenugreek seeds are highly effective.
They are highly recommended for the treatment of diarrhea due to their high mucilage contents.
Mucilage is known to provide a potent anti-diarrheal effect.
• You can chew one teaspoon of fenugreek seed alone or along with one tablespoon of yogurt.
• In another way, make a mixture of one-half teaspoon each of roasted fenugreek seeds, cumin seeds and two tablespoons of yogurt.
• Take this mixture thrice daily for quick relief from diarrhea.
6. Try Chamomile Tea
If you have this tea in your kitchen cabinet, you sure know how to get rid of diarrhea cramps.
Chamomile is known to have antispasmodic effects which can help provide relief from abdominal cramps accompanying stomach disorders including diarrhea. Additionally, it is also effective in reducing intestinal inflammation.
- Make chamomile tea by adding one teaspoon of chamomile flowers and one teaspoon of peppermint leaves in a cup of water and boil for about 10 minutes.
- Strain and drink this tea a few times daily for quick relief.
Additionally, you can also drink green tea for the proper functioning of your digestive system.
7. Ginger For Diarrhea
Ginger is potent when it comes to treatment of food poisoning and can also help get rid of abdominal cramps and abdominal pain.
- Grate a small piece of ginger and then add a teaspoon of honey.
- This mixture promotes the release of gastric juice and improves digestion. When eating this mixture, avoid drinking water immediately after eating it.
Drinking ginger tea two or three times a day can also cure diarrhea.
To make ginger tea, slice a small piece of ginger and add them to a cup of water. Boil the water for a few minutes and then strain it, then add honey for a taste before drinking it.
8. Black Seed Oil Can Help You Get Rid of Diarrhea
Black seed oil is effective in the treatment of various digestive problems like gas, colic, constipation and diarrhea.
For effective treatment of diarrhea;
- Make a mixture of one teaspoon of black seed oil and one cup of plain yogurt.
- Eat this mixture twice daily until the symptoms are gone completely.
9. Drink More Clear Fluids
Most diarrhea causes dehydration.
You can keep yourself hydrated by drinking at least eight glasses of water along with coconut water, clear broths, vegetable soups and clear soda (caffeine-free) when suffering from diarrhea.
Stay clear of caffeinated and alcoholic drinks. Also, avoid acidic drinks such as citrus.
Quick Fact; This can also help with dehydration 🙂
10. Eat White Rice
White rice is not everybody’s favorite but it is among the bland foods recommended to eat during diarrhea because it easily digested.
Also, it can help decrease the number of watery stools by adding bulk to the stools. Eat a small amount of plain white rice without any added spices or sauces.
You can gradually increase the amount of rice you consume until your diarrhea improves.
These simple remedies should help you get rid of diarrhea fast.
Note: These natural remedies for diarrhea can react differently to different people depending on the intensity and the cause of diarrhea. If your symptoms persist after three to four days consult your doctor.