We’ve got a magical recipe originating from the country of Korea that gives you the ageless skin you’ve always desired. Koreans are the queens of skin care and no hacks beat theirs.
Aging is inevitable but what if we told you-you could slow down aging or not even look like it at all. Trust us on this one.
This is a Korean beauty routine and it works wonders, there are 10-Steps to it and you should definitely try them if you’re passionate about your skin.
Let’s get started.
1. Use Oil Based Cleanser
This is the first step towards achieving that glassy ageless skin you’ve been longing for. In using an oil-based cleanser, it is more advisable to use a plant-based oil-based cleanser (we hope that didn’t confuse you).
- Take a little amount of the oil-based cleanser after you must have wiped off your make-up if you’ve got any on.
- Massage the oil-based cleanser all over the face.
- Wash the face with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
An oil-based cleanser is more likely to remove your make up more than a water-based cleanser. Based on the principle that ‘like dissolves like’, plant-based oil applied to the skin will dissolve excess oil produced by your skin.
Cleansing with plant-based oils such as Coconut, Olive, Jojoba and Almond help to remove dirt and makeup, nurture the skin and balance the production of your skins own natural oil. It also keeps your face hydrated and doesn’t dry at your skin.
2. Water Based Foaming Cleanser
After cleaning your face off the oil-based cleanser, you use the water-based cleanser to remove any leftover dirt on the skin.
- Take a little of the water-based cleanser and apply it to the palms, wet the foam net and work it into a lather.
- Once the foam is made, apply the foam unto the face and massage well.
- Clean the foam off the face by using a damp towel.
We like to use a foam net as it’s more gentle on the face. Its purpose is to thoroughly clean your face of all makeup and dirt that naturally builds up throughout the day and night.
It is also designed to clean deep into the pores, making sure all dirt is reached and washed away, leaving you with refreshed soft, supple and squeaky clean skin. Double cleansing helps to make sure that there’s a clean base to apply other treatments. The next thing to do is to…
Exfoliation is the removal of dry or dead skin from the upper layer of the skin and it’s one of the most important steps in a beauty routine and it is advisable to exfoliate twice a week. An enzyme-based or bead-based exfoliant would do.
- Make sure your face is wet or damp.
- Apply the exfoliant using your palms and massage into your face in a circular motion.
- Leave the mask on for a couple of minutes then wash with some warm water.
- Pat the face with a towel
Exfoliation increases blood circulation, which in turn helps you to achieve healthy and glowing skin.
Face toners prep the skin for moisturizers and serums. It also shrinks pores, restores your skin’s pH balance, adds a layer of protection, acts as a moisturizer, and also refreshes the skin.
- Apply the toner on your palms and massage into the face.
Using an essence on the skin is one of the most important steps for this beauty routine.
What exactly is an essence?
An essence is a thin, lightweight, fluid texture that supply skin with antioxidants, soothing agents, and a variety of repairing and anti-aging ingredients. Essence keeps the skin hydrated and conditioned and it helps to support the effect of the serum and moisturizer.
- Take a little amount of the essence. Rub gently into the face.
This is an essential skincare component for a beautiful and healthy skin. It has a high concentration of active ingredients that combine antioxidants, vitamins, and moisturizing agents.
Serums can also help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, help to make the skin appear brighter and help to fade brown pigmentation spots.
- Pat and rub gently into the skin of the face.
7. Face (Sheet) Mask
According to Orgaid, Sheet masks are face-shaped sheet fabrics soaked in a nutrition-packed solution called serum. The sheet is made up of a variety of materials including papers, fibers or gel types.
These sheet masks are different from facial masks (paste type) that you only need to apply, take off or pat in extra serum instead of washing the paste after applying and putting on other skincare products.
The sheet mask is generally used once and it is individually packaged, making them fast, convenient, and easy to use.
- Place the mask gently and correctly on the face.
- Take off the mask after 15-20 minutes.
- Let the moisture from the sheet mask sit in for a couple of minutes.
8. Eye Cream
Eye creams keep the skin around the eye well hydrated, moisturized and nourished nd prevents dullness. They also help with the puffiness in the eye and help make it look more youthful.
- Tap in some eye cream to the eye and parts of the eye with wrinkles and lines.
- You could also use the eye cream on parts of the face where wrinkles may form.
A moisturizer is quite essential. Moisturizing the face helps to feel and look younger as it gives a more elastic, fresh and hydrated skin.
- Apply the moisturizer all over the face.
10. Sunscreen/ Sleeping Mask
You use a sunscreen if you’re stepping out and a sleeping mask if you’re going to sleep.
This could be a lotion, gel or spray that absorbs or reflects some of the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) radiation and thus helps protect against sunburn. Frequent use of sunscreen can also slow or temporarily prevent the development of wrinkles, moles and sagging skin.
- Just apply and step out :).
This hydrates your skin as you snooze the night away. They should be used once or twice in a week.
- Just apply and go to sleep :).
Here are some extra tips for getting started with this Korean skincare/beauty routine.
- Do not forget your neck in all of this. You could have glassy ageless skin and have a wrinkled neck. We advise that you take our advice 🙂
- Some of these routines may have products that your skin may be sensitive to. It’s better you try a skin patch test.
- Be careful when applying the eye cream. Do not let it get into your eye.