Canada is home to many high-ranked universities, so it is no wonder why a lot of international students hope to get admitted into one of these institutions. Besides Canada’s credible educational systems, it embraces diversity and cultural integration.
On that note, there is no doubt that the city of Toronto is a very safe environment and also welcoming to international students.
And as a very prestigious and highly reputable institution, the University of Toronto is a home for international students with dreams and aspirations. The University of Toronto offers scholarship opportunities for international students.
As one of the most respected universities in Canada, the University of Toronto renders innovative awards and financial support to indigenous and international students. The scholarship award is mostly merit-based, and what this means is that it only rewards students with outstanding academic performances.
If you are in search of scholarship opportunities offered at the University of Toronto as an international student, this article will help guide you through.
Lester B Pearson Scholarship For International Students
- Scholarship Type – Fully funded
- Type of Study – Undergraduate study
- Eligibility – International students
- Available Study Field – All 700 undergraduate programs.
Lester B Pearson scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students at the University of Toronto. It recognizes commendable academic performance, creativity, and leadership skills in the educational space. The U of T uses this scholarship to encourage competitiveness and motivation for international students.
Every year, these scholarship is awarded to high school students from all over the world (international students studying in Canadian high schools are not left out) as special recognition for their outstanding academic results and distinguished contributions they have made to their communities.
Lester B Pearson’s scholarship hopes to positively impact the lives of these international students by shaping them to be better individuals for the global community.
This fully funded scholarship opportunity is extremely competitive as only about 37 international students are been awarded the scholarship annually.
Eligibility For Lester B Pearson Scholarship
These are the attributes that qualify you to be eligible for the Lester B Pearson scholarship;
- You must be an international student; that is a non-Canadian citizen seeking a study permit.
- Must be about to graduate from secondary school or recently just graduated (not less than June 2022)
- Keen and passionate about learning.
- Have outstanding academic results
- Must have impacted positively in their communities
- Possess strong leadership skills.
- Must have not begun any post-secondary studies locally or internationally. Only students intending to begin their undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto in September 2023 will be considered.
How To Apply For Lester B Pearson Scholarship
These are the required steps to take when applying for the Lester B Pearson scholarship from the University of Toronto;
- Get a nomination letter from your school. If your school is not verified for the program they should apply to participate.
- Start your application for admission into the university of Toronto for the 2023 session.
- Ensure that the University of Toronto is your choice, as this is one of the important criteria to be considered.
- Make sure you submit your application before the deadlines
- Complete your application for the Lester B Pearson scholarship once your nomination and application for entry into the school have been received by the institution.
Deadlines For Lester B Pearson Scholarship 2022 Application
- School nomination deadline – November 30, 2022
- OUAC student application deadline – December 14, 2022. It is recommended to submit your application before the 7th of November 2022.
- Student scholarship application deadline: January 16, 2023.
The University of Toronto offers fully funded scholarship opportunities to international students with credible impact both academically and socially. Through Lester B Pearson’s scholarship programs, international students can be awarded for their outstanding academic performance.
There are no exceptions to countries, as all non-Canadian citizens from all over the world are allowed to participate in this scholarship opportunity. More importantly, be cautious of agencies requiring payments to false acceptances.
International students can only be nominated for this scholarship by their current secondary school through the online process on the official website of the University of Toronto. Good luck with becoming a Pearson Scholar.