So the Oscars award happened and while we have a lot to say about it, we’ll stick to what we do most and best here at ThriveNaija, Fashion.
The 92nd Oscar took place on Mon, 10 Feb, 2:00 am WAT, we were all definitely asleep by then, this part of the world, at Dolby Theatre, Los Angeles, California, United States. While we can’t give you the full deets on who won what, and how did the speeches go, we’ll leave Hollywood Reporter do the honours, we’re sharing with you, what we think are the best gowns worn by your favorite celebs to the award show.
Of course, the event featured diverse styles but it was no doubt that gown styles were the order of the day as we saw them in diverse, creative and stunning styles. Without further ado, here are the most talked-about outfits at the 92nd Oscars awards ceremony.
Table of Contents
- 1. Janelle Monáe In A Ralph Lauren Collection Gown
- 2. Rooney Mara Wearing Custom Alexander McQueen
- 3. Penelope Cruz x Chanel
- 4. Brie Larson is wearing Celine by Hedi Slimane and Bulgari jewelry
- 5. Cynthia Erivo is wearing Atelier Versace
- 6. Charlize Theron On Dior Haute Couture and Tiffany & Co. jewelry
- 7. Renée Zellweger wearing Armani Prive gown and David Webb ring
- 8. Florence Pugh is wearing Louis Vuitton dress, Louis Vuitton High Jewelry, and Maria Tash earring
- 9. Natalie Portman on Dior Haute Couture and Cartier jewels
- 10. Saoirse Ronan wearing a Custom Gucci gown
- Quick Update? More Gowns and Outfits
1. Janelle Monáe In A Ralph Lauren Collection Gown
This outfit is literally the most talked about outfit of the night. It is said to be fully hand-embroidered with over 168,000 Swarovski crystals.
2. Rooney Mara Wearing Custom Alexander McQueen
The fiance of Joaquin Pheonix, who picked up an award for his performance on “The Joker” BTW looked really really good.
3. Penelope Cruz x Chanel
Many many years after, she’s still serving us that amazing look we always want to see.
4. Brie Larson is wearing Celine by Hedi Slimane and Bulgari jewelry
The captain marvel star looks stunning as usual in a sequin cape dress that has all the bells and whistles.
5. Cynthia Erivo is wearing Atelier Versace
Paired with that smile, she’s won our hearts with that dress.
6. Charlize Theron On Dior Haute Couture and Tiffany & Co. jewelry
Charlize is obviously among most of the iconic women to ever grace the red carpet at any event and this perfect look even further proves it.
7. Renée Zellweger wearing Armani Prive gown and David Webb ring
Renee treated us to a minimalist, fitted and beautiful one-shoulder gown.
8. Florence Pugh is wearing Louis Vuitton dress, Louis Vuitton High Jewelry, and Maria Tash earring
A stunning tiered gown in what almost looks like ThriveNaija green, we love this!
9. Natalie Portman on Dior Haute Couture and Cartier jewels
Natalie’s beautiful piece is one of the most talked-about outfits of the night, sparking an article on Harpers Bazaar where Oscar’s community was called out for lack of diversity, needless to say, it says a lot. It speaks on the behalf of those whose voices aren’t as loud and it oozes class, the dress of course.
10. Saoirse Ronan wearing a Custom Gucci gown
Talk about a blend of almost everything, absolutely stunning.
Quick Update? More Gowns and Outfits
Thank you for these gowns, thank you Oscars, thank you, Getty Images, thank you, everybody! We’ll forever cherish these styles.