Girls with 2c hair should definitely love and embrace their curls, 2c natural hair is known to be more susceptible to frizzing, it’s waves are thick, coarse, the S-bends are well-defined and begin at the roots. 2c natural hair comes with amazing curls but also need care and nourishment like every other hair texture, finding out your curl pattern would save you from using the wrong hair treatment or struggling to make your curls look healthy and gorgeous.
2c curly hair is more resilient to styling, it can be the frizziest of all hair types hence proper care is usually needed, your hair care regimen matters a lot when it comes to 2c hair type, most 2c natural hair type tends to be very fragile and needs lot’s of hydration to keep it from looking dull and coarse.
Everything you need to know about 2c curly hair has been carefully analyzed in this post and it is also important to check out what could be causing your waves to tangle and become hard to maintain, we have compiled 15 hairstyles ideas to keep your curls in check.
Table of Contents
- What is 2c curly hair?
- How do you treat type 2c hair?
- 15 Style Ideas For 2c Curly Hair
- 1. Half Up Half Down Tousled Wave
- 2. Front Bun With Side Bangs
- 3. Wet And Styled Beach Wave
- 4. Messy Afro Curls With Uneven Bangs
- 5. Short 2c Hairstyle
- 6. Top Bun With Sleek Ponytail
- 7. Deep Curls With Invisible Side Parting
- 8. Curly Afro With Feed
- 9. Medium Bun With Cornrows
- 10. Messy High Bun With Space Bangs
- 11. Curly Hairstyle With Double Bun
- 12. High Bun With Baby Bangs
- 13. One Side Flip Long Curls
- 14. Loose High Bun With Uneven Bang
- 15. Long Curls With Feed And Cornrow
What is 2c curly hair?
2c hair type has defined waves that start at the roots and is thicker than the other subcategories, 2c curly hair starts to form loose spiral curls and also has that S shape, this hair type tends to be the most prone to frizz of the type 2 category. Type 2 curly hair needs lots of care and most importantly this natural hair type might become more prone in damp weather and finding a product that works can be a bit of a hassle.
People with 2C hair may find it really frustrating with alternating between daily straightening, which can damage hair, and trying to find ways to enhance and control their waves can be tiring but there are simple daily hair care tips that can be adopted to keep it healthy.
How do you treat type 2c hair?
Every hair type needs care for it to stay healthy and with 2c hair type, there are simple methods that can help limit frizz and add shine to your hair, wavy hair is more prone to frizz and flyaways and if this is not taken care of, it can lead to hair loss. The following suggestions can keep your hair looking and feeling its best throughout these cooler months and beyond.
- Trim your tresses, split ends can pull your waves tighter and make them less able to chum properly but a monthly trim can help reduce split.
- Use moisturizing daily and conditioning that has a bit of protein in them
- Go for a microfiber towel rather than your regular bathroom towel or 100% cotton t-shirt to scrunch out the excess water
- Try switching to the scrunching method when applying product to your hair, this formation encourages curl formation.
- Embrace your natural hair texture and 2c hair type does not need to be weighed down with products, keep it simple.
15 Style Ideas For 2c Curly Hair
Every hair type needs protective hairstyles that keep it healthy and stops you from brushing all the time, below are 15 style ideas for 2c curly hair type.
1. Half Up Half Down Tousled Wave
2c curly hair gives you a chance to style your wavy hair in a messy bun and still make it look exotic, this hairstyle is quite classy and not too dramatic, it can be worn to work or for a casual errand. Styling this can be done yourself at home however it best to detangle properly first before making this hairstyle.
2. Front Bun With Side Bangs
Here is another beautiful way you can enjoy your curls, just like every other curly hair types, this hairstyle makes you look chic and shows off your amazing curls, ensure your hair is detangled after this and hydrated as well.
3. Wet And Styled Beach Wave
Planning to spend some time outdoors while you show off your curls? This might be just the hairstyle for you to rock, no manipulation on your hair and scalp and all you need is to ensure your hair is moisturized and you should try trim of your split ends if you have damaged hair.
4. Messy Afro Curls With Uneven Bangs
Most 2c natural hair can be pretty fragile however this hairstyle above can keep it from getting more damages or frizz, keep your scalp clean and your hair well moisturized.
5. Short 2c Hairstyle
Short 2c hair curls can also style their hair in a unique and healthy way, it prevents split ends and having short hair would make your hair easier to style, you can easily grow a healthy 2c hair with this hairstyle.
6. Top Bun With Sleek Ponytail
Most hairstyles just need to be easy enough on your scalp and low maintenance hairstyles are the best ways to keep 2c hair from frizz.
7. Deep Curls With Invisible Side Parting
This is one hairstyle we love and it can be replicated by any hair length however your hair needs to be properly cared for with this hairstyle, embrace your curls with this hairstyle.
8. Curly Afro With Feed
Feed-in braid elevates your curls especially if you are transitioning, this can help blend the relaxed part of your hair with your natural hair.
9. Medium Bun With Cornrows
You would want to go for a simple classy hairstyle like this if you want to bring out more of your curls, it blends your waves in, making it soft and smooth.
10. Messy High Bun With Space Bangs
Messy buns are gorgeous and are not limited to 4c hair type alone, you can enjoy this hairstyle on this hairstyle even more as your curls tend to show more. Space bangs add a more unique look to any hairstyle of your choice and little to no trim would be required.
11. Curly Hairstyle With Double Bun
Here is another low maintenance hairstyle you can have style at home, go for one bun or a double bun to add more glam to your look.
12. High Bun With Baby Bangs
You can achieve practically any look with a high bun and pairing it with a baby bang gives just the fanciest hairstyle you can wear to practically any event.
13. One Side Flip Long Curls
Most curls begin at the root and while this might be really beautiful, you need hairstyles that won’t tighten your scalp or cause breakage, this hairstyle above is recommended.
14. Loose High Bun With Uneven Bang
Your curls are going to thrive with for this fascinating hairstyle, classy and formal for an event, you can decide to go for a sleek high bun depending on how you want it but a loose messy bun is more fitting for a fragile 2c natural hair.
15. Long Curls With Feed And Cornrow
This is one of the most favoured hairstyles in East Africa and it could be a great hairstyle for 2c hair type, it protects the edge of your hair but the braids should not be done too tightly to prevent breakage, this hairstyle is also a low maintenance and it could last up to 4 weeks if treated properly.
2c hair type might be prone to frizz but it is not exactly a fragile hair type especially if the proper hair care routine is adopted, you can always choose any of the hairstyles above to keep your hair from getting tangled, moisture is also very important for this hair type and a cooler, less humid air can also take the body out of your waves and make them more prone to frizz and flyaways.
Read more on natural hairstyles and hair care tips:
- What Is 4C Hair? (Natural Hair Types Explained)
- How to Do Natural Hair Bun (Guide And Style Ideas)
- 17 Best Deep Conditioners For Natural Hair With Great Reviews
- 12 Cheap Natural Hair Accessories Under $20 to Buy
- Natural Hair Types: How Many Are There?
- The 10 Best Products for Hairline Growth 2020 (Reviewed)
- 4 Simple Ways to Straighten Natural Hair
- 26 Hairstyles For Curled Hair That Are Really Beautiful