If you’re passionate about skincare and natural remedies, chances are that you’ve tried quite an endless number of DIY face masks. Has any worked for you? If not, you’ll love this post.
While some of us can boast of great changes after use, quite a number of us might not have been able to, due to one reason or the other.
Notwithstanding, it’s no news that natural face masks have gained popularity over the years due to the benefits they have on the skin. This is alongside the fact that these masks are interesting to concoct, easy to apply, and noticeably give our physical appearance a significant boost.
We wrote this article solely to showcase a simple DIY face mask for glowing skin, an avocado face mask that works.
This is The Simple DIY Face Mask for Glowing Skin to Use
The fruit, avocado pear, is the active ingredient in an avocado face mask. Avocado is widely known for its anti-aging properties. Rich in vitamin A, this fruit helps the skin produce new cells and also restore natural collagen, which in turn promotes healthy, supple, and glowing skin.
Avocado is also rich in antioxidants which help diminish the appearance of dark spots and soothes dry skin. As a result of its endless benefits, many beauty experts strongly recommend using avocado for skin conditions. Minerals contained in this fruit include iron, magnesium, potassium, copper, amongst many others.
Watch Us On YouTube
It’s no wonder that using an avocado face mask enhances glowing skin as a result of the blend of several vitamins in this single fruit. Here’s a recipe for making a simple DIY avocado face mask for glowing skin:
- One tablespoon of coldpressed coconut oil.
- Half ripe avocado (peeled).
- One tablespoon of honey.
- One tablespoon of water.
- Place the avocado in a bowl.
- Simultaneously add the coconut oil, honey and water.
- Mix properly with a whisk, or blend with a handheld blender till a smooth and thick consistency is achieved.
- Use immediately after made.
How to use:
- 1. Steam your face for about 20 to 30 seconds to open up your pores.
How to steam: Pour boiled water in a bowl, drape a towel over your head and hold your face about 5 to 7 inches above the water.
- 2. Avoiding the eye area, slowly apply the mask to your face using your fingers or a brush.
- 3. Leave the mask on your face for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4. Rinse with warm water.
- 5. Dab your face dry with tissues or a clean towel.
- 6. Apply your moisturizer.
Benefits of Using This Avocado Face Mask
- It softens, smoothens, moisturizes, and hydrates the skin naturally.
- It protects against skin damage.
- It soothes dry skin.
- It reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- It promotes skin elasticity.
- It helps get rid of dead skin cells.
- It soothes inflammation.
- It minimizes breakouts.
- It improves overall skin health.
- It unclogs pores and fights bacteria.
- It reduces dark spots.
- It brightens the skin.
Read more on beauty and skincare: