Fruits are not just for your health or a way to lose weight but also a way to brighten your skin naturally, it refreshes the skin and with the powerful antioxidant contained in them, they will enhance glowing and smooth skin as well.
There are some particular fruits that can give your skin the sparkle it needs and we have made a compilation of those fruits. Some of these fruits can also whiten your skin naturally.
These fruits might be all you need to keep your skin radiant, beautiful skin does not just demand good lotion and moisturizers but you need these awesome fruits to keep the body in shape and your skin free from acne and other breakouts.
These fruits clear and clean pores and in the process nourishes the skin but the best fruits for getting this done are listed below.
7 Fruits That Make Your Skin Glow Naturally
The skin needs the most powerful antioxidant to help it thrive naturally and here are some of the selected fruits.
Avocados are not just power packed in nutrients and antioxidants. Avocados also contain anti-aging properties, rich in essential oils, that protect the skin and body from unhealthy bacteria. Avocados contain 25 milligrams per ounce of a natural plant sterol called beta-sitosterol.
How To Use It
Learning Its benefits also requires knowing how best to use it.
- Rub the yellow-green flesh of the avocado all over your face, leave for ten minutes and rinse with warm water
- If you have dry skin, mashed some avocados with honey. Apply this pack on your face and leave for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse and pat dry
- In case of oily or combination skin, mix some lemon juice and rose water in avocado juice, and apply on your face.
- Can be eaten alone or with white grain bread and serves well for dinner.
Carrots are also very essential, mostly ignored, and very healthy for the eyes. Carrot reduces cholesterol and the risk of heart attack (2), and it boosts the body in a lot of ways.
There are many ways carrots can be really beneficial to the body. The taproot of the carrot is eaten as a vegetable and it is beneficial as well.
Apart from chewing on those carrots, there are other ways to make use of it.
- Carrots can be eaten and as many, as you want, it nourishes the body and keeps the vision clear
- You can apply some grated carrots to your skin, and leave the paste for 10 minutes.
- Add some grated carrots in water and cucumber if you want, and drink twice a day.
Mango might not be easy fruit to consider when making a choice of fruits but the benefits of it make it worth a second thought. Mangoes are a good source of antioxidants, containing certain phytochemicals such as gallotannins and mangiferin.
Mango gives extra energy to the body when eaten but there are some other ways to use it.
- Use some mango pulp to smear your face and neck. Leave for ten minutes and rinse with warm water
- It can be eaten in the form of a shake, mixed in your breakfast cereal, or as a snack
- For dry skin, it should be mashed with yogurt and honey. Apply the pack to your face and leave for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse and pat dry
- For oily face or combination skin, mix some lemon juice and rose water in mango pulp and apply on your face.
Watermelon is another fruit that is power-packed with antioxidants and the ability to revitalize any damage to the skin tissue. Watermelon is 90% water and scientists have taken notice of watermelon’s high lycopene levels.
Watermelon is very effective in helping you get great skin as it’s 90% water and helps you stay hydrated.
- Drinking watermelon juice every morning is a good place to start
- Eat watermelon fruit as a midmorning snack
- You may add watermelon to desserts or smoothies.
- Apply the pulp on the skin for at least 10 minutes for a dewy fresh glow.
Oranges are also perfect for getting rid of any breakouts on your skin, oranges can brighten the skin naturally, it contains vitamin C that helps the body fight infections, and it keeps the skin hydrated and free from germs.
To keep the skin beautiful, try some of these beautiful tips with orange.
- Freshly squeezed orange juice every day
- Make oranges part of your salads, puddings, or desserts
- Apply orange juice on your skin to get rid of pigmentation and brighten your complexion
- Try consuming half or one orange a day.
Pomegranate seeds are natural fruits used to get glowing, bright skin, the seed, and the oil can be really beneficial to the skin. Pomegranate contains properties that protect the skin from UVB rays, it could act as a sunscreen for the skin, repairs damage to the skin easily, and also contains minerals that remove pigmentation.
Adding it to your diet plan won’t be such a bad idea or try some of these methods.
- You can mix pomegranate in your porridge, or cereals, or have it as a midmorning snack
- You can make pomegranate juice or smoothies. You can also add it to your puddings and salads
- You can squeeze some seeds and apply the juice to your skin to get brighter and softer skin.
Mind you there are many reasons to eat a pomegranate, here are 17 beauty and health benefits of adding pomegranates to your diet.
Bananas are easy to find all year round. Bananas contain many nutrients and vitamins to make the body active and the skin radiant. The potassium in a banana is also very good for the heart (7, 8). Bananas are rich in fiber which may feed your friendly gut bacteria and safeguard against colon cancer.
Here are the most effective ways you can make use of banana
- One banana first thing in the morning will help with digestion
- You can chop this yummy and delicious fruit to make oatmeal, cornflakes, or porridge
- Make some mashed banana and apply all over face your face for 10 minutes and then rinse with warm water for some instant baby glow.
The whole organs of the body in general need properties that protect them from unhealthy bacteria and the best way through that are in all the fruits mentioned above. A fruit a day will surely keep the doctors away and the skin glowing.