It’s really hard not to love box braids, and it happens to be the most popular hairstyle as well. If you have recently cut your hair and want box braids then there is a stylish way to achieve this Braids with shaved sides are now the upgraded box braid style and this hairstyle is highly rated due to how cool it looks.
Box braids with shaved sides have become even more interesting in 2023. There are so many interesting ways it can be styled, but you have to ensure that your shaved side is not braided into.
Shaved sides have been in trend for a while but become more popular after Cassie and some celebrities were found rocking them. This box braid style is the perfect one for recreating a punk rock look.
Table of Contents
- 31 Box Braids With Shaved Sides For 2023
- 1. Blonde Box Braid With Slick Mid-Fade Cut
- 2. Tapered Cut With Boxer Braid
- 3. Jumbo Box Braid With Low Side Cut
- 4. Bowl Cut With Goddess Box Braid
- 5. Small Mohawk Box Braids With Shaved Sides
- 6. Mix Color Braid With Shaved Side
- 7. High And Low Shaved Side Braid Hairstyle
- 8. Knotless Box Braid With Short Textured Side Cut
- 9. Gray Small Box Braids And Shaved Sides
- 10. Medium Box Braid With Front Shaved Side
- 11. Trendy Ponytail With Shaved Sides
- 12. Blonde Box Braid Shaved Side
- 13. Box Braid With Undercut Shaved Side
- 14. Micro Gold Box Braids With Shaved Sides
- 15. Box Braid With Edgy Shaved Side
- 16. Medium Box Braids With Round Shaved Sides
- 17. Pompadour Box Braid Hairstyle
- 18. Tiny Box Braid With Undercut Shaved Sides
- 19. Multi Colored Box Braid With Shaved Sides
- 20. Micro Box Braid With Shaved Sides
- 21. Tapered Box Braid Cut
- 22. Red Cornrow Box Braid With Shaved Side
- 23. White Shaved Side Box Braid With Curly Tips
- 24. Thick Purple Box Braid With Shaved Sides
- 25. Big Box Braid With Fierce Undercut
- 26. Natural Hair Cut With Brown Box Braid
- 27. Simple Cornrow With Shaved Sides
- 28. Half Up Box Braid Styling With Shaved Sides
- 29. Chunky Shaved Side Braid
- 30. Stylish Box Braid With Shaved Sides
- 31. Platinum Silver Braid With Shaved Side
You don’t need a regular three-strand braid alone to rock shaved sides, there are, so anyway it can be made.
31 Box Braids With Shaved Sides For 2023
Women are currently turning heads with the box raid shaved sides hairstyle. It’s the perfect hairstyle for you to balance the femininity of braids with the punk edge look. To hop on the box braid with shaved side trend, we have compiled styles to inspire you.
1. Blonde Box Braid With Slick Mid-Fade Cut
We already know how exciting any hairstyle with shaved braids will be but now with a haircut like this, it is even more fascinating. This is bold but not too dramatic which is something anyone might be okay going for any day.
2. Tapered Cut With Boxer Braid
This another shaved sides hairstyle that will ensure you stand out. This is quite simple and enables you to grow out your hair on the sides if you want to. It’s a common protective hairstyle for natural hair.
3. Jumbo Box Braid With Low Side Cut
It doesn’t matter what kind of side shaved cut you got, you can always get any type of box braid with it. This is a cool and fancy haircut and hairstyle.
4. Bowl Cut With Goddess Box Braid
Purple box braids are really bold and glamorous, adding it to a bowl haircut makes it even more fascinating.
5. Small Mohawk Box Braids With Shaved Sides
This is regarded as one of the best summer braid hairstyles to get in 2023. The sassy way the braided hairstyle stands out makes it worth it and although this can also be a bit dramatic especially if you are cutting your hair for the first time, you eventually get used to it. Also, it’s a great way to grow your hair.
6. Mix Color Braid With Shaved Side
Box braid mixes have always been in trend, and now you can add some shaved sides to make it bold. One of the notable things about this type of braid style is that you can work with any color mix you like and still tint your shaved side if you want as well. This hairstyle can be bold and can be subtle as well.
7. High And Low Shaved Side Braid Hairstyle
Here is another exciting hairstyle you can add to your list of braids to plait this season. The tapered cut that comes with this braid hairstyle is a really popular haircut and seems to pair nicely with high and low-braided hairstyles.
8. Knotless Box Braid With Short Textured Side Cut
Knotless box braids are a really great protective hairstyle, especially for natural hair. If you have recently had a short textured haircut then here is one that can inspire you.
9. Gray Small Box Braids And Shaved Sides
The list of box braids with shaved sides won’t be complete without this really bold and gorgeous hairstyle on it. Not everyone is a fan of bright and flashy colors, but this will help strike a balance since it’s on the cool side.
10. Medium Box Braid With Front Shaved Side
This is regarded as one of the classiest hairstyles for any occasion. It replicates the punk look perfectly. Only the front side is shaved which makes it ideal if you don’t want something too dramatic. It is simple enough for your hairdresser as well.
11. Trendy Ponytail With Shaved Sides
Ponytail is another very superb braid style and paired with the shaved sides makes it even more interesting. This style is ideal for all occasions, and you try rolling into a bun to recreate an oversize classy updo.
12. Blonde Box Braid Shaved Side
Blonde box braids are highly rated and they look good with shaved sides. This is perfect for a dramatic punk look. Shaving just one side is just as classy as the two sides shaved braid.
13. Box Braid With Undercut Shaved Side
To ensure your box braid is interesting then you need to make sure the shaved sides get the right cut as well. An undercut is a really cute haircut and works well with box braids.
14. Micro Gold Box Braids With Shaved Sides
Blonde is an interesting and very popular color for box braids, and we must say it makes the haircut stand out even more. This is a cool shaved sides box braid style.
15. Box Braid With Edgy Shaved Side
This is another badass shaved side box braid you need to try. The accessorized part makes it look even more gorgeous.
16. Medium Box Braids With Round Shaved Sides
If you want it pretty straightforward and interesting then is the suitable one to consider. This needs just one extension and the shaved sides include an undercut too.
17. Pompadour Box Braid Hairstyle
An undercut is the most popular haircut for women, and it’s a lot similar to punk. Styling box braids on this won’t take time except if you are going for tiny box braids.
18. Tiny Box Braid With Undercut Shaved Sides
This is another trendsetting hairstyle you need to try. This doesn’t require many saved sides, and you can go with medium or chunky box braids. The length doesn’t matter either.
19. Multi Colored Box Braid With Shaved Sides
Exotic box braids only need mixed colors of extension and a side haircut. This is cool, and it will look stunning on anyone. It is also a bold way for you to use colors since you get to mix them.
20. Micro Box Braid With Shaved Sides
This is another box braid style that is quite stylish but simple. This is perfect if you don’t want something too extra and dramatic.
21. Tapered Box Braid Cut
You can decide to put a spin on it and separate the braids and cut them in the middle. This hairstyle is another statement-making style and all you need to compliment it is a cute outfit.
22. Red Cornrow Box Braid With Shaved Side
Here is an updated version of shaved side box braid. This is styled with a cornrow to make it look cool and red is a bold color that always gets noticed. So, the whole look is bold and edgy.
23. White Shaved Side Box Braid With Curly Tips
Go with white if you love making statements with your hair extension.
24. Thick Purple Box Braid With Shaved Sides
Purple is another very interesting hair attachment we love. This is a great choice for a protective hairstyle, and it’s bold too.
25. Big Box Braid With Fierce Undercut
If you do need something fierce that stands out then this ought to inspire you. This is ideal for those who love long braids and would like to tuck them into a large bun braid too.
26. Natural Hair Cut With Brown Box Braid
If you want to grow your hair out after getting a side shaved haircut then here is the perfect choice of protective hairstyle for you. This is done in the form of knotless braids to prevent hair breakage.
27. Simple Cornrow With Shaved Sides
Oftentimes simple is best. The weight of your braid can easily weigh your hair down but to prevent this, you can keep it simple but classy.
28. Half Up Box Braid Styling With Shaved Sides
Everything about this style is classy and edgy. This is a more feminine option and perfect for elaborate occasions. It’s a cool hairstyle that suits everyone.
29. Chunky Shaved Side Braid
There are crochet braids that can help achieve this style if you don’t want to sit for long. It is a suitable hairstyle if you love twisting out and need one that is similar to box braids.
30. Stylish Box Braid With Shaved Sides
Keep it simple and stylish if you can’t make up your mind. This is a very easy hairstyle that will look good on anyone, and you don’t need a special haircut to achieve it.
31. Platinum Silver Braid With Shaved Side
This is another box braid style that makes sure your natural hair is saved from damage. The braids are short enough for you to maintain them and can either pack them into a ponytail or bun.
It’s hard not to love box braids. It is a great protective hairstyle and getting punk or undercut doesn’t mean you can’t make braids anymore. Box braid with shaved sides can be edgy, and it’s the perfect way to save your hair from damage.
Box braids with shaved sides are really serious vibes, hence you don’t want to miss out on them.
Read more on box braid hairstyles: