Fulani braids are worth trying out and one of the major treason why every woman should have Fulani braids installed is that it protects any strand of hair type from damage.
Fulani braids are one of the most versatile hairstyles, from the incredibly intricate patterns to simple plaits, these braids are not just fascinating but can be done for any kind of occasion, whether you are in the office, at the gym, school, or even attending a wedding, there is always a Fulani braid that is ideal for you.
Fulani braids are timeless and feminine which is one of the reasons why they have continued to be in trend.
Table of Contents
- 49 Latest Fulani Braids Hairstyle Ideas 2022
- 1. Blue Fulani Braid With Curls
- 2. Cute Blonde Fulani Braid
- 3. Fulani Braid With Braided Bangs
- 4. Creative Fulani Braid Hairstyle
- 5. Wine Jumbo Fulani Braids
- 6. Neat Two Layer Fulani Braid
- 7. Freestyle Pattern Fulani Hairstyle
- 8. Lemonade Tribal Braid
- 9. Stylish Fulani Braid Design
- 10. Shuku Fulani Hairstyles
- 11. Fulani Braid With Loose Ends
- 12. Classy Fulani Braid Hairstyle
- 13. Cross Pattern Fulani Braid
- 14. Two-Step Fulani Braid With Pattern
- 15. Cute Braid With Green Tips
- 16. Shuku Tribal Braid
- 17. Burgundy Fulani Braid
- 18. Simple Fulani Updo
- 19. Blonde Fee-In-Braids
- 20. High Bun Fulani Braid
- 21. Half Up And Half Down Fulani Braid
- 22. Ponytail Fulani Braid
- 23. Two-Step Fulani Braid With Beads
- 24. Ethiopian Fulani Braid With Hair Accessories
- 25. Simple Two-Step Fulani Braid
- 26. Tribal Fulani Braid
- 27. Double Bun Fulani Braid
- 28. Center Parted African Fulani Braid
- 29. Fulani Braid With White Extension
- 30. Two-Step Fulani Braid Without Base
- 31. Brown Extension Tiny Centre Braid
- 32. Feed-In-Braid Fulani Hairstyle
- 33. Bun Braid With Conrow
- 34. Tribal Braid With Bun
- 35. Feed-In Braid Center Parted Fulani Braid
- 36. Low Ponytail Fulani Braid
- 37. Stylish Fulani Braid With Green Extension
- 38. Fulani Braid With Crochets And Beads
- 39. Cornrow Styled Fulani Braid
- 40. Traditional Fulani Braid
- 41. African Fulani Braid
- 42. Simple Summer Fulani Braid
- 43. Simple High Bun Fulani Braid
- 44. Medium Ponytail Braid
- 45. S-Shaped Pattern Two-Step Braid With Blue Highlight
- 46. Casual Fulani Braid
- 47. Tight Fulani Braid
- 48. Simple Double Bun Braid
- 49. Loose Summer Fulani Braid
Fulani braid is a style where you have a unique pattern of braids woven into your hair that transitions into braids or hair extensions that loosely fall down your back, this is a trendy form of hairstyle for African women and is fast gaining popularity around the world and it can help you grow your mane longer.
If you haven’t tried a Fulani braid, yet then you need to check out some of the unique styles we have rounded up for every hair type, these are the latest Fulani braids to make your 2022 hairstyle game more interesting.
49 Latest Fulani Braids Hairstyle Ideas 2022
Fulani braids are easy to style and wear for a very long time, they are a great option if you want to rest your natural hair with a protective hairstyle and this is protective hairstyles that keep you from content styling of your hair, below are 45 of the latest Fulani braid hairstyle ideas.
1. Blue Fulani Braid With Curls
Blue is quite an interesting colour whether for an outfit or hair. This Fulani braid is one that won’t last long on natural hair due to the colour, but it is surely worth rocking for 2 to 3 weeks at least. It is quite simple too, so it shouldn’t take long to have it plaited.
2. Cute Blonde Fulani Braid
One thing with Fulani braids is that you can always keep it simple. Blue is also not the only coloured extension you can use, blonde is considered cute as well.
3. Fulani Braid With Braided Bangs
Here is another exciting Fulani braid hairstyle to try. This is a cool hairstyle idea for any occasion.
4. Creative Fulani Braid Hairstyle
This is simply stunning and also ideal for fancy looks. This is one Fulani hairstyle that will require a professional as the designs are more like art than the usual braiding.
5. Wine Jumbo Fulani Braids
This is the first on the list of Fulani braid hairstyles because it happens to be the most common one. This is a really adorable hairstyle, and it shouldn’t take your stylist hours to make it for you. You can also go for the small version of this braid or swap the wine extension for something bolder.
6. Neat Two Layer Fulani Braid
It can be a bit hard for some stylists to make large jumbo braids neat, so you can always switch to this hairstyle. This is a two-layer type of braid but not overly big, so it shouldn’t take too long to make.
7. Freestyle Pattern Fulani Hairstyle
One of the exciting things about Fulani hairstyles is that you can get creative with the cornrow patterns. Here is one to inspire you.
8. Lemonade Tribal Braid
Lemon tribal braids are also setting trends, and they won’t take you much time either. You can have this done at your yourself with the tutorial.
9. Stylish Fulani Braid Design
If you are up for something simple but stylish, you should include this in your must-make hairstyles in 2022.
10. Shuku Fulani Hairstyles
Shuku is one of the oldest African braid hairstyles and in this style above, the Fulani style has been included in it with the side braid out and the beads did complete the look. This is a perfect look for anyone who likes to keep her edges laid and classy.
11. Fulani Braid With Loose Ends
Loose tips have a way of making the Fulani braid hairstyle stand out, it is simple and not too elaborate however you can make it so with colored extensions. It is the ideal style for ladies in 2022.
12. Classy Fulani Braid Hairstyle
This is quite beautiful and the word that comes to mind is definitely classy.
13. Cross Pattern Fulani Braid
The cross pattern at the front of the braid is perfect if you are not so into cornrow braids. It is also very easy to style and all you need is to show your stylist.
14. Two-Step Fulani Braid With Pattern
Here is another fascinating way to style your two-step. Add a touch of the tribal braid to it and you are good to go.
15. Cute Braid With Green Tips
The ends of your braids are just as important as the front. To make the end stand out, complete with green or any colour of your choice.
16. Shuku Tribal Braid
When it comes to Fulani braids, shuku happens to be the most plaited type of it and it gets even more interesting with styling. This is a simple shuku Fulani braid you can have your stylist make in minutes.
17. Burgundy Fulani Braid
Keep it less dramatic but cool with a burgundy attachment.
18. Simple Fulani Updo
A cute and simple updo will do just fine if you can’t sit for long.
19. Blonde Fee-In-Braids
This blonde look is going to be around for a very long time. The cool fancy look is not just from the braided hairstyle itself but from the blonde attachment used for the hair and it’s lovely.
20. High Bun Fulani Braid
High bun Fulani braid comes with a classic look you can’t help but love to try out, this is one of the oldest forms of Fulani braid, beads are used to adorn it and a coloured extension can be used for a more unique look. This can be a summer hairstyle to keep your hair from getting dry and away from your face.
21. Half Up And Half Down Fulani Braid
You can make your Fulani braid hairstyle more fascinating with unique styling, half up, and half down Fulani braid is not just gorgeous but suitable for all hair types, any kind of extension can be used depending on how long and dramatic you want it.
22. Ponytail Fulani Braid
Ponytail braids are simply beautiful and perfect for all kinds of occasions, this does not require any special styling as it is a fixed form of hairstyle and all you need is a stylist that makes it neatly with extensions.
23. Two-Step Fulani Braid With Beads
This is just the right hairstyle if you have a smile or oval face shape and need a trendy hairstyle that highlights your face shape, adding gorgeous colourful beads to the style makes it look absolutely splendid.
24. Ethiopian Fulani Braid With Hair Accessories
Hair accessories add a more exotic appeal to any form of hairstyle, your Fulani braid can look even more outstanding when styled with different hair accessories ranging from beads to hair barrettes.
25. Simple Two-Step Fulani Braid
If you are a fan of shimmery eye makeup then the above is a great hairstyle that has been adopted for years for its unique appeal and how it easily highlights the face and brings out any kind of makeup.
26. Tribal Fulani Braid
This is one of the simplest forms of Fulani braids, it is called tribal Fulani braids because it is most common in the Nothern part of Nigeria, it’s a classy hairstyle and requires less time and effort compared to other braids,
27. Double Bun Fulani Braid
Double bun styling needs no introduction, it is a common style for natural hair and you can make it more exciting with a Fulani braid.
28. Center Parted African Fulani Braid
Another braid that looks dramatic but lovely is a centre parting full ni braid, this braid can be worn by any hair type and tend to last for a very long time if you are good with keeping braids.
29. Fulani Braid With White Extension
If you are looking for a way to make your Fulani braid an interesting one, the perfect solution would be adding a colourful extension above is one of the most used types of extension, white is not too dramatic or flamboyant, and you can easily mix it with black to keep it cool.
30. Two-Step Fulani Braid Without Base
Often times you want to keep a braid hairstyle simple which is why a two-step braid without a base is recommended, this is also fitting for those with front hair and not worried about breakage.
31. Brown Extension Tiny Centre Braid
Centre braids are fun and can be tweaked to suit your preference if you are bored with the usual black extension, you might want to go with a brown extension which is known to be even fancier and suitable for brown skin girls.
32. Feed-In-Braid Fulani Hairstyle
Fulani braids do not have to be dramatic, it is best to keep it simple if you have fragile hair and scalp, the hairstyle above is one of the most recommended hairstyles for transitioning natural hair.
33. Bun Braid With Conrow
Here is a Fulani braid you will find very convenient and simple to make, takes less time but can last for a long while.
34. Tribal Braid With Bun
Another way to rock a Fulani tribal braid and keep your hair healthy is by adding a bun to it. This is trendy and unique as well.
35. Feed-In Braid Center Parted Fulani Braid
Just a stylish feed-in-the-middle to add a different appeal to your Fulani braid.
36. Low Ponytail Fulani Braid
A combination of ponytail braid and Fulani braid can’t go wrong, here is a low ponytail braid to give you a casual weekend look.
37. Stylish Fulani Braid With Green Extension
This is a really stunning Fulani braid hairstyle less dramatic but the green extension adds some fun to it.
38. Fulani Braid With Crochets And Beads
If you are bored with the usual extension, you can add crochet to it, this is an interesting look to get for any elaborate event.
39. Cornrow Styled Fulani Braid
Another Fulani braid that has been styled with unique patterns of thin braids, this is a popular braid for all hair types.
40. Traditional Fulani Braid
Here is a fascinating tight Fulani braid to accentuate your facial features, not too dramatic but fun with beads.
41. African Fulani Braid
Nothing can go wrong with an African braid, this can be worn short or long dep[ending on how you want it, it shows off your stunning features and compliments any kinds of outfit.
42. Simple Summer Fulani Braid
When the temperature is hot, you need a hairstyle that gives you a calm cool look while you have fun outdoors and above is a suitable style, this is not too elaborate which makes it perfect as a summer hairstyle.
43. Simple High Bun Fulani Braid
If you are a seasoned braider who likes to feel comfortable with it then this is the best hairstyle to get this season.
44. Medium Ponytail Braid
Medium ponytail braids are just as fun as the high ponytail braid and you can have this styled into a bun for formal occasions.
45. S-Shaped Pattern Two-Step Braid With Blue Highlight
Straight and triangle patterns are the most common braid hairstyles but S-shaped patterns are becoming quite trendy and found to be beautiful just as much s any other pattern.
46. Casual Fulani Braid
Keep it casual, and you will be glad you did as this allows less manipulation on your hair and scalp, especially for fragile natural hair.
47. Tight Fulani Braid
These are not micro Fulani braids but are small and gorgeous, they can be styled with no extension depending on the length of your hair but for a longer and more fancy look, you should add an extension.
48. Simple Double Bun Braid
A double bun braid is a common form of Fulani braid and just like every other hairstyle, it is fancy and compliments any look, be sure to care for your edges to prevent breakages.
49. Loose Summer Fulani Braid
A loose pattern is also a very exciting choice of hairstyle, fancy and with less fuss on your scalp, you can easily clean your scalp with this type of Fulani braid, this is also a protective hairstyle but you need to keep your edges and scalp healthy with castor oil or aloe vera gel.
You can have any type of Fulani braid installed, and any colour added for a more unique look, these braids offer you to protect your coils and frame your face with any of the exotic styles. Fulani braids are protective hairstyles and should be kept for 3-4 weeks provided you keep your scalp clean at all times.
Fulani braids can symbolize origin, social status, religion, wealth or even marital status which is why it’s a common hairstyle for lots of African countries that makes it more unique by decorating with beads, hair accessories and cowrie shells.
Read more on African braids and protective hairstyles;
- 100 African Braids Hairstyle Pictures to Inspire You
- 21 Braid Hairstyles For Little Girls That Will Make You Say Awwwww!
- 15 3a Hair Style Ideas — Cause You’re Looking
- 30 Box Braid Hairstyles Worth Trying In 4
- 12 Different Types of Braids And What They Look Like (Pictures)
- How to Do Natural Hair Bun (Guide And Style Ideas)
- 20 Natural Hair Afro Style Ideas For 2020 (Updated)