One of the most interesting hairstyles for lots of naturalists is an afro, it is also regarded as a low manipulative hairstyle that could prevent your natural hair from split ends or breakage, the afro style is quite easy to make, and you do not need a professional to have its styles.
The trendiest natural hairstyle for black women might be Afro, but it is believed there is only one way an afro can be styled 2022 seems to have introduced more amazing ways you can enjoy this protective hairstyle.
Most transitioning natural hair has stayed away from afro hairstyles believing it can’t be done with their hair texture, this hairstyle is elegant enough for a wedding, easy to wear every day, and no heat styling is required to make it look awesome.
Table of Contents
- Natural Hair Afro Style Ideas For 2022
- 1. Gold Curl Out Afro For Toning Up Your Look
- 2. Cut Afro Hair To Give Sassy Vibe
- 3. Fade/Mini Afro For Recent Tapered Haircuts
- 4. Full Head Afro On Days You Can’t Style Your Hair
- 5. The Classic Afro Pop For A Classy Day Out
- 6. Wavy Afro To Keep Your Curls Popping
- 7. Blonde Balayage Afro For A Bold Look
- 8. Short Fros To Show Off Your Features
- 9. Large Fringe Afro Embrace Those Curls
- 10. Blonde Ponytail Afro To Add Depth To Your Curls
- 11. Keep It Simple And Cute
- 12. Bridal Afro For A Laid Back Vibe
- 13. Red Tip Afro For A Bold Hairstyle Statement
- 14. Tapered Natural Hair Afro To Give You A Break From Braids
- 15. Drawstring Ponytail Big Afro Compliments Every Makeup
- 16. Big Afro With Baby Bangs Gives You A Casual Look And Pairs Nicely With A Denim And Crop Top
- 17. Puffy High Bun Afro Shows Off Your Curl Length And Pairs Nicely With Smokey Eye Makeup
- 18. Loose Twist Afro For A Classic Look
- 19. Classic Afro With Top Bun To Give You A Unique Look Suiting To A Naturalist
- 20. Helix Styling Afro To Accentuate Your Face And Show Off Your Coils
- 21. Mohawk Afro Gives You Just The Right Amount Of Glamour And Sassiness
- 22. Wavy Side Parted Afro To Show Off Your Thick 4c Natural Hair
- 23. Baby Bangs Afro Hairstyle To Highlight Your Gorgeous Features
- 24. Kinky Afro Hairstyle With A Touch Of Blue To Give You A Bold Look
- 25. Medium Parting Afro For A Glamorous Makeover
- 26. Small Bang Afro To Give You A Cool Chic Look
- 27. Wavy Big Bang Afro Gives Just The Right Classic And Beach Look You Want
- 28. Ponytail Afro To Give Your Hair Some Rest From Manipulative Hairstyles
- 29. Frohawk Afro For A Simple Look
- 30. Afro Curls With Bantu Knot For A More Modern Look
- 31. Wet And Styled Kinky Afro On Short Natural Hair
- 32. Big Bun Afro To Give You A Fascinating Look And Keep Your Curls Happy
- 33. Twist Out Afro To Pair With A Smokey Eye Make-Up
Afro Hairstyle has always been for short and long natural hair, below is a compilation of some of the trendiest afro hairstyle ideas for 2022.
Natural Hair Afro Style Ideas For 2022
An afro hairstyle can be easily made with any type of natural hair but knowing what hairstyle you want with it can be confusing however that can be easily rectified after looking at these amazing afro hairstyles below.
1. Gold Curl Out Afro For Toning Up Your Look
One of the purposes of afro hairstyles is to give your hair some needed break from braids, but this doesn’t stop you from having fun with colors or adding some curls to it as well. Here is a cool hairstyle that pairs nicely with any skin tone.
2. Cut Afro Hair To Give Sassy Vibe
If you are looking to grow out your hair then this is a really good choice of hairstyle. This is the ideal sassy vibe afro to try for any weekend occasion.
3. Fade/Mini Afro For Recent Tapered Haircuts
Fade/mini afro haircut is also on the list of the best fro for your natural hair. This is perfect for any short hair, and you don’t have to texturize your hair to create this fancy hairstyle. There is natural hair dye that gives superb effects as well.
4. Full Head Afro On Days You Can’t Style Your Hair
Natural hair needs a break more often than you think, and these days is when afro hairstyles come in handy. It gives a cool and classy look you are sure to love. This hairstyle can be rocked easily and all you require is a trim to keep it neat.
5. The Classic Afro Pop For A Classy Day Out
Bun hairstyles are not just in trend but tend to stands out on any outfit. Afro puff can be fascinating and easy to style.
6. Wavy Afro To Keep Your Curls Popping
Large afros might not be an everyday look they are great on days you need to get to an occasion in style and all splendor.
7. Blonde Balayage Afro For A Bold Look
A style like this leaves no stone unturned as a protective hairstyle and is nice as you can have it styled with any of your favorite colors.
8. Short Fros To Show Off Your Features
Short afros are more fun than the credits they get. They are cool while highlighting your features.
9. Large Fringe Afro Embrace Those Curls
No matter the length of your hair, afro is possible and one way to embrace your curls and make it look fascinating is by adding fringe.
10. Blonde Ponytail Afro To Add Depth To Your Curls
Any hair type can rock afro and to make it more unique, have it styled in a ponytail.
11. Keep It Simple And Cute
Keep it simple and cute with a side parting and you are good to go on any occasion.
12. Bridal Afro For A Laid Back Vibe
A bridal afro is going to come in handy if you can’t bear sitting for hours to get your hair done before D-day. It is quite lovely and all you need is to add some florals for the full bridal look.
13. Red Tip Afro For A Bold Hairstyle Statement
For a fiery bold look, all you need is a red tip or any of your favorite colors.
14. Tapered Natural Hair Afro To Give You A Break From Braids
Tapered hair natural hair is one of the best afros for natural hair, it is protective and keeps your curls healthy, this hairstyle would also prevent a constant visit to the salon as all it needs to keep it maintained is a healthy trim. This is one hairstyle you can go to on days you do not want to sit for too long at the salon.
15. Drawstring Ponytail Big Afro Compliments Every Makeup
Drawstring natural hair is another way you can keep transition hair from breakage, it is simple and protective of your hair shaft and scalp. You can style this yourself with less hassle.
16. Big Afro With Baby Bangs Gives You A Casual Look And Pairs Nicely With A Denim And Crop Top
Big afro with a bang has always been an interesting choice of hairstyle for some naturalists, it shows off your hair length and is also a low-maintenance hairstyle.
17. Puffy High Bun Afro Shows Off Your Curl Length And Pairs Nicely With Smokey Eye Makeup
If you love ponytails then you are going to find puffy high bun afro a worthy hairstyle for your natural hair, length does not matter in making this hairstyle.
18. Loose Twist Afro For A Classic Look
Loose twist afro gives you an exotic, classic look, any face shape can make this hairstyle however it is best to keep your scalp clean before making this hairstyle, and it’s more fitting if you have this hair shaft.
19. Classic Afro With Top Bun To Give You A Unique Look Suiting To A Naturalist
Classic afro style is considered top-notch and viable for showing off your hair length and how healthy your curls are, this is also a protective hairstyle for fragile 4c natural hair, it’s can be made with any hair length and you can easily style this at home yourself.
20. Helix Styling Afro To Accentuate Your Face And Show Off Your Coils
You do not need to have wavy long hair before you can style your hair in this amazing afro hairstyle above, it’s exactly what every fragile natural hair needs to retain length, nothing too elaborate about this, and it won’t cause any damage to your hair strand or scalp.
21. Mohawk Afro Gives You Just The Right Amount Of Glamour And Sassiness
This can also be a pompadour depending on how it is styled and what side your afro falls on however it is considered one of the most amazing afro hairstyles for natural hair you can wear for a casual look, simple and elegant.
22. Wavy Side Parted Afro To Show Off Your Thick 4c Natural Hair
How healthy is your 4c natural hair? If it’s quite healthy and beautiful then there is no reason why you won’t want to show it off and what better hairstyle than with an afro, this is a gorgeous hairstyle, fancy, and can be rocked to any event. You can style it with a center parting and still find it lovely, it requires no manipulation on your hair or scalp which makes it a great hairstyle for a fragile 4c hair type.
23. Baby Bangs Afro Hairstyle To Highlight Your Gorgeous Features
Baby bangs are gorgeous on textured hair but could even be more fantastic on natural hair, this hairstyle is simply gorgeous, low maintenance, and fitting for basically any hair length. This is one exotic fro hairstyle every naturalist should try.
24. Kinky Afro Hairstyle With A Touch Of Blue To Give You A Bold Look
Afro hairstyle deserves a bold glamorous change and one way to make this happen is a touch of blue in your hair, this is a pretty chic hairstyle and seems to be picking up the new trend this 2022, no heat is required which keeps your hair healthy and you can try this on any hair length.
25. Medium Parting Afro For A Glamorous Makeover
Afro hairstyle is one of the natural hair’s most loved hairstyles and you do not have to go to the extreme to get it done, a medium parting will do the trick just fine and this hairstyle means you get to retain your hair length with minimal trimming needed.
26. Small Bang Afro To Give You A Cool Chic Look
A bang in your afro is one hairstyle you do not want to pass over, nothing dramatic about this styling, it is also considered a protective hairstyle for natural hair which makes it just perfect for any hair type and hair length, this can be easily styled at home.
27. Wavy Big Bang Afro Gives Just The Right Classic And Beach Look You Want
Years of growing out your natural hair come with a desire to show off your curls and what better way than this afro hairstyle above, this is a great hairstyle you can wear to practically any event and you do not have to worry about tri ming your hair to make this hairstyle.
28. Ponytail Afro To Give Your Hair Some Rest From Manipulative Hairstyles
Braids are wonderful hairstyles but it is advised to give your natural hair space to breathe and above is just the most suitable hairstyle to make this happen, you can have this done at home yourself however natural hair gel would be needed to make it stick at the front and give you a sleek look.
29. Frohawk Afro For A Simple Look
Most frohawks are styled with a cornrow but regardless of an Afro could be added just for a more classic look, all you need is to have your hair styled to the front and your curls rolled out and you are good to go.
30. Afro Curls With Bantu Knot For A More Modern Look
An afro hairstyle can be just as modern as you want, a Bantu knot might be the difference you need your afro hairstyle to have. This hairstyle is easy to style and you can make it at home yourself if you can make a neat Bantu knot.
31. Wet And Styled Kinky Afro On Short Natural Hair
Short hair can make an amazing afro hairstyle on short natural hair and nothing is required to make it, this hairstyle can be styled when it’s wet and you do not have to apply anything to make this turn out great most especially on a healthy 3b hair type.
32. Big Bun Afro To Give You A Fascinating Look And Keep Your Curls Happy
Another interesting afro hairstyle that would be making quite a wave in 2022 is a big bun, this is one of the easiest hairstyles for natural hair, your hair can retain its length with this protective hairstyle and you can make it at the comfort of your home.
33. Twist Out Afro To Pair With A Smokey Eye Make-Up
Nothing looks as interesting as when your makeup compliments your hair, this hairstyle requires a two-strand twist to make your curls fall and look quite as glamorous as the one above, you can do this at home yourself or for a more professional look, get a stylist. This is another afro hairstyle that can be done with any hair length.
Natural afro hairstyles can be hard to come by these days as it is believed to be part of the 90’s hairstyle for women who couldn’t detangle their hair but this has been proven to be quite untrue as celebrities and stylists have come up with amazing ways this hairstyle could be rocked.
Afro hairstyle has slowly joined the fashion trend and above are some of the styles to try.
Read more on natural hair and protective hairstyles:
- How to Style Short Natural Hair: 10 Hairstyle Ideas
- 11 Natural Hair Flat Twist Styles to Try In 2021
- What Is 4C Hair? (Natural Hair Types Explained)
- 17 Cute Natural Hair Hairstyles For Kids
- 100 Hairstyles For Natural Hair You’ll Really Like
- 30 Different Ways To Style Your Natural Hair At Home
- 15 Curly Natural Hairstyles You’ll Want to Wear Today
- How To Transition Your Relaxed Hair Into Natural Hair