Teas tree oil is highly beneficial for your hair and skin, it is also known as melaleuca oil and it is an essential oil that can be used for several purposes it comes from steaming the Australian tea tree
This essential oil is believed to be antibacterial when used topically and it is available in many over-the-counter skin products, Tea tree oil is quite potent for its antifungal properties which means it can help in the treatment of dandruff, it has been for thousands of years for this purpose and other essential benefits.
Tea tree oil can be used to make your own multipurpose cleaner, toner, acne solution, or facial cleanser and there are lots of ways tee tree oil can be used however there are concerns on the effects of using tree tea oil on your hair especially if you have an oily scalp however tea tree oil contains antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties that can be soothing to your hair and scalp.
There are lots of common hair conditions to worry about in dry and oily hair types, in this article you will discover how effective tea tree oil works for hair, how to use it, and other essential benefits of tea tree oil.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil has many essential benefits, it is derived from the tea tree Melaleuca which is native to Southeast Queensland and the Northeast coast of New South Wales, Australia, which is why it is known as Melaleuca oil or tea tree oil. It has a fresh camphoraceous odor and is nearly colorless and this is used as an alternative to conventional oil.
Tea tree oil can improve the overall appearance of the skin when used topically, it can be used as a deodorant, insect repellent, or mouthwash.
Tea tree oil has been used as an essential oil for thousands of years and has gained popularity in recent years as more people discover it offers antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, and anti-inflammatory properties which makes it effective for treating conditions like athlete’s foot, acne, contact dermatitis, cradle cap and more and when it comes to hair, it is great for getting rid of dandruff and head lice.
Does Tea Tree Oil For Hair Work?
Tea tree oil is excellent for your hair and scalp as it contains anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties which are soothing to skin and wounds, tea tree oil can be used on oily and dry hair scalp to improve hair growth and there are other ingredients that could be added to it to make it more effective.
Tea tree oil has been gaining popularity recently as a remedy that can help stimulate hair growth and boost the rate at which your hair grows, however, there is no scientific backing for this but it could help treat issues of hair and scalp.
Tea tree oil is a source of antifungal, antibacterial, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant properties which ensures your hair stays healthy and clean research has also shown tea tree oil could help improve the circulation of blood in your scalp and also flush out toxins. You can use tea tree oil to foster a healthy scalp.
Does tea tree oil work for oily and dry scalps?
Tea tree oil is great for treating and restoring the PH levels of your scalp, it makes dealing with itchiness, dandruff, and dry scalp easy and treated oily hair with care, this essential oil helps to unclog pores and calms down the overzealous sebaceous glands thereby making your greasy hair less greasy. Tea tree oil with its antimicrobial properties highly improves scalp health as a whole.
How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Hair
Tea tree oil can be used alone or mixed with other essential oil to combat hair issues, using tea tree oil directly to your scalp is an easy and effective way to maintain healthy hair and scalp
It could help improve the overall condition of your hair and scalp, there are many ways this essential oil can be applied to your hair, a few drops of tea tree oil can be added to your favorite shampoo for reliving dandruff or some of the other methods below could be adopted.
- Hair growth: Tea tree oil can be used with other carrier oil for hair growth, it should be diluted before you can use it, combining a few drops of tea tree oil with your regular oil and massaged into your hair for 10 minutes to be washed with shampoo and conditioner or you can leave the oil in overnight. The tea tree oil induces new hair growth while the carrier oil helps nourishes your hair follicle.
- Scalp Cleansing: You can easily make your own shampoo at home with tea tree oil for cleansing your scalp and this can be done by adding a few drops of tea tree oil to your favorite shampoo, this would enhance the shampoo’s therapeutic properties and enhance the medicinal properties of tea tree oil. Apply the mixture to your scalp and gently massage for a few minutes to work it into your scalp, then rinse thoroughly,
- Dry scalp: This essential oil can be used to soothe dry scalp and itchiness, it moisturizes and nourishes your hair and scalp, it helps to clear the blockage in the pores, and prevents dryness and itching. To use tea tree oil for a dry scalp, mix a few drops of the essential oil with jojoba oil and massage the mixture into your scalp for 10-15 minutes, rinse out thoroughly and wash your hair normally.
- Dandruff: Tea tree oil can be used as a treatment for dandruff without drying your hair out as it contains antifungal and antibacterial properties that fight against the fungus that causes dandruff, it works as a natural conditioner to your hair and eliminates agents that are causing your scalp to flake. Add the oil to your existing shampoo, shampoo your hair thoroughly and let the mixture sit for 3-5 minutes to allow the mixture to work itself into your scalp to treat it, rinse thoroughly after the oil has set.
- Hot oil massage: Tea tree oil is effective as hot oil massage, it nourishes your scalp and helps you maintain natural healthy hair. It improves blood circulation and removes all toxins from the scalp.
Tea tree oil can also be used as a leave-in conditioner and this is highly effective irrespective of the ingredients used for the spray.
It is not recommended to apply tree tea oil directly to your scalp without diluting it first as it is extremely concentrated and is likely to irritate your scalp badly the use of tea tree oil can cause an allergic reaction to your hair hence it is recommended to go for 100% natural tea tree oil and perform a patch test on your skin for any reaction before using.