Having healthy black hair is what every woman desires however black hair is more prone to dryness which makes it hard to keep it healthy hence you need real hair products that keep your hair happy and under control.
Keeping your hair happy definitely means a happy you, strengthen your tresses, and makes visiting the salon easier and fun, most organic hair products will help achieve this but knowing the right one is essential.
It is believed that not knowing your hair type might lead to using the wrong product and this is often true but in a case where you can use a product that works invariably for all kinds of hair texture, this would make taking care of your hair easier.
Table of Contents
- How do you moisturize coarse hair?
- How do you tame frizzy black hair?
- How often should black hair be washed?
- 11 Black Hair Care Products You Need In Your Life
- 1. Shea Moisture Strengthen Grow & Restore Combo Bundle- Best Moisturizing Hair Product
- 2. New Hair Keep Combo – Hair Growth Shampoo & Conditioner- Best Cleansing Product
- 3. BOLDIFY Hair Fibers for Thinning Hair- Best For Hair Loss
- 4. Jamaican Mango And Lime Castor Oil- Best Oil For Healthy Hair
- 5. Azally Hair Growth Serum- Best Hair Growth Serum
- 6. Aunt Jackie’s Knot Instant Leave-In Detangling Therapy- Best Leave-In Detangler
- 7. Black Jamaican Castor Oil- Best Natural Hair Oil
- 8. PURA D’OR Advanced Therapy Conditioner- Best Therapy Conditioner
- 9. Shea Moisture Castor Oil- Best Restore Hair Oil
- 10. African Pride Miracle Moisture- Best For All Hair Types
- 11. Carol’s Daugther Wash Day Delight Water To Foam Shampoo- Best Cleansing Shampoo
11 black hair products have been discovered to work like magic on all hair types and keep your concern about your hair growth to a minimum.
How do you moisturize coarse hair?
For hair that is dry and coarse, moisture is the key, softening coarse hair is possible with a leave-in conditioner and also some amazing remedies you can try at home. Check out what’s drying out your hair first as to put a stop to it before starting any treatment, some factors like porosity matters, it affects how your hair retains moisture, your hair products might be doing more harm than good too if it contains chemicals that dry out your hair instead of moisturizing. Here are a few tips to keep coarse hair properly moisturized.
- Use a moisturizer that has water as the first and second ingredients
- Seal in moisture with oils like avocado oil, castor oil, shea butter oil or olive oil
- Trim regularly
- Keep your hands out of your hair and comb with care
- Deep condition regularly
How do you tame frizzy black hair?
Black hair is gorgeous but dealing with frizz can be tiring and annoying, taming frizz in natural hair requires simple maintenance tips and find out what is making your hair become unruly except if this is associated to humid weather condition then below are a couple of tips you can use to tame those frizz and keep your black hair healthy and smooth.
- Choose a sulfate-free and glycerin packed shampoo
- Always use a conditioner twice a week
- Use a hydrating mask once a week
- Incorporate essential oil into a hair routine
- Use a diffuser when blow-drying and let your hair dry at least 90% of the way before blow-drying.
How often should black hair be washed?
Black women believed their hair have to wash infrequently to prevent it from drying it out, over-washing can dry out your hair, and not washing at all will deprive it of nutrients especially for oily hair. If you have naturally dry hair or use chemical relaxers that can dry out hair and make it brittle, you should rinse your hair with water every day but wash it once a week or once every 10 days.
11 Black Hair Care Products You Need In Your Life
It’s hard finding the products that will keep your hair bouncing like you desired and women with dry, brittle hair strands are far too common so it’s essentially important to go for hair products that are specifically created for dry, and unhealthy hair. Below are a couple of products you should definitely give a trial.
- Shea Moisture Strengthen Grow & Restore Combo Bundle– Best Moisturizing Hair Product
- New Hair Keep Combo – Hair Growth Shampoo & Conditioner– Best Cleansing Product
- Boldify Hair Fibers for Thinning Hair– Best For Hair Loss
- Jamaican Mango And Lime Castor Oil– Best Oil For Healthy Hair
- Azally Hair Growth Serum– Best Hair Growth Serum
- Aunt Jackie’s Knot Instant Leave-In Detangling Therapy– Best Leave-In Detangler
- Black Jamaican Castor Oil– Best Natural Hair Oil
- PURA D’OR Advanced Therapy Conditioner– Best Therapy Conditioner
- Shea Moisture Castor Oil– Best Restore Hair Oil
- African Pride Miracle Moisture– Best For All Hair Types
- Carol’s Daugther Wash Day Delight Water To Foam Shampoo– Best Cleansing Shampoo
|Shea Moisture Strengthen Grow & Restore Combo Bundle, Includes - 16.3 Ounce Jamaican Black Castor Oil Shampoo | 16 Ounce Leave-In Conditioner | 13 Ounce Conditioner | 12 Ounce Treatment Masque||Buy Now|
|Challenger Hair Keep Shampoo & Conditioner, 2X 10 Oz Bottles | Hair Growth Combo | DHT Blockers| w/Baicapil, Capixil, Rejuvasoft, HairSpa | Caffeine, Biotin, Argan Oil, Coconut Oil & more!||Buy Now|
|BOLDIFY Hair Fibers for Thinning Hair (BLACK) 100% Undetectable Natural Fibers - Giant 28g Bottle - Completely Conceals Hair Loss in 15 Seconds - For Women & Men||Buy Now|
|Jamaican Mango & Lime Black Original Castor Oil 2 Fl Oz||Buy Now|
|AZALLY Hair Growth Serum, Ginger Hair Growth Oil , Best Hair Loss Prevention Treatment（60ml）||Buy Now|
|Aunt Jackie's Knot On My Watch, Instant Leave-in Detangling Therapy, Great for Hard to Manage Hair, Enriched with Shea Butter and Olive Oil, 12 Ounce Bottle||Buy Now|
|OKAY | Black Jamaican Castor Oil Shampoo | For All Hair Types & Textures | Repair - Moisturize - Grow Healthy Hair | with Argan Oil | Free Of Parabens, Silicones, Sulfates ,PALE YELLOW , 12 Oz||Buy Now|
|PURA D'OR Advanced Therapy Conditioner - For Increased Moisture, Strength, Volume & Texture, No Sulfates, Made with Argan Oil & Biotin, All Hair Types, Men & Women, 16 Fl Oz (Packaging may vary)||Buy Now|
|Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Conditioner, 13 Oz (Pack of 1)||Buy Now|
|African Pride Black Castor Miracle Take Down Moisture & Detangling Masque - Hydrates, Restores Dry Hair, Contains Black Castor Oil & Coconut Water, Conditions, Removes Build-Up, Prevent Breakage, 8 oz||Buy Now|
Shea Moisture is one of the most natural hair care products you need in your life, it’s a combination of all the products your hair and scalp needs to stay hydrated, this product is healthy for all hair types as it is a combination of organic, natural, sulfate and contains free elements for getting great for curly, straight, thick or thin texture.
- For all hair types
- Powerful moisturizing effect
- Nourishes the scalp and restore damaged hair
Promising Review: it’s very good for the hair the shampoo is not over-drying the hair and in the same time it’s very cleansing, the conditioner is very good for taking the off the tangles in the shower, the mask is very very hydrating and the live-in conditioner is very very conditioning and healthy for the hair and it smells very good. I live in Israel and I can’t get this product in my country this is the best one that I ever used yet since I became natural.
2. New Hair Keep Combo – Hair Growth Shampoo & Conditioner- Best Cleansing Product
Hair keep shampoo and conditioner have been formulated with the main purpose of combating hair loss and encourage hair growth as much as possible, the kind of shampoo and conditioner you use for your hair is very vital in keeping your hair healthy and since most black hairs are prone to dryness, you should use hair keep shampoo and conditioner more.
- Combat hair loss and encourage hair growth
- Fortify the hair shaft
- Hydrate the scalp
- Strengthen the hair follicles
- Minimal Sud
Promising Review: Right now, I have to give both the shampoo and conditioner a good rating unless something changes in a month or so. The thing that I like about the shampoo is that it has all the anti-hair loss ingredients. Some shampoos have caffeine but is missing other DHT blockers, biotin, etc.. It’s great to find a product that has everything in one. Another thing I like is that the shampoo and conditioner tingles. Mark via Amazon.
3. BOLDIFY Hair Fibers for Thinning Hair- Best For Hair Loss
This is another lovable products you need in your life to make your hair loss a story of the past, these products have been formulated to take care of thinning hair, it’s just perfect for covering up hair loss and you should go for the exact color that matches your hair.
- Conceals hair loss in 15 seconds
- Blends into your current hair color
- It’s in powder form which could be easily splattered everywhere
Restore Review: This product is just what I needed. My hair is thinning and this product covers it really well. Now I don’t have to spend time every day trying to cover the areas where my scalp shows through. This product covers it really well giving me self-confidence knowing that nobody will know that I have a problem with my hair. It makes a bit of a mess, but I love it. Margaret P via Amazon
4. Jamaican Mango And Lime Castor Oil- Best Oil For Healthy Hair
Castor oil is one of the best natural hair treatments for dry and frizzled hair, it promotes healthy hair and scalp, helps relieve itchy scalp. moisturizes revitalizes and softens hair strand. This has been specially formulated to give your hair a healthy natural glow and it comes with a fast result. This Jamaican mango and lime castor oil contain nutrients that keep your hair hydrated and also have a nice scent you would love.
- Promotes healthy and scalp
- Helps relieve itchy scalp
- Revitalizes and soften hair
Restoring Review: Definitely purchasing again. I had 2 inches of hair growth in 1 month !!! Kayla Collier via Amazon.
5. Azally Hair Growth Serum- Best Hair Growth Serum
Azally hair growth serum is packed with natural extracts, biotin and nutrients filled serum that adds proprietary hair growth, complexes clinically indicated serum to stimulate deep hair growth. This product is easy to use and promotes a healthy scalp and you get to maintain your hair without the use of harmful or damaging hair products, hair growth serum can be used as hair loss and hair thinning treatment, stops Hair Loss, thinning, balding, repairs hair follicles, promotes thicker, stronger hair and new hair growth.
- Repairs overworked and dry hair
- Promotes thicker stronger hair fast
- Changes your scalp and hair texture
- Easy to use
Restore Review: I’m hooked. I haven’t been using this serum long but I can already feel my hair strengthening and my baby hairs are thickening. I can’t wait for the full results as I continue to use this. Danni via Amazon.
6. Aunt Jackie’s Knot Instant Leave-In Detangling Therapy- Best Leave-In Detangler
Aunt Jackie’s knot instant leave-in detangling therapy is exactly what you need for your hair to grow and thrive, it has been enriched with shea butter and olive oil to help you keep a controlled hair strand and lustrous curls. This product is sulfate-free, paraben-free, eliminates knots and tangles, suitable for coils, curls, and waves.
- Eliminates Knots and tangles
- Specially formulated for black hair
- The cover makes application a bit difficult
Restoring Review: There was little to no hope for my hair until I used this product! I tried everything. My hair is so thick and knots up so badly. I thought I was going to have to cut off a lot of my hair. It was embarrassing. I thought I’d give this a try, but I had NO idea that only one use would be such a miracle! I don’t know who created this, but they are a GENIUS! Thank you with all of my heart! I love my hair now! Thomas Fuson via Amazon.
7. Black Jamaican Castor Oil- Best Natural Hair Oil
Another high reviewed Jamaican castor oil for all hair types and texture nourishes and replenishes the hair natural hair oil and locks in moisture. Black Jamaican castor oil has been formulated with argan oil which contains antioxidants, essential fatty acids, and vitamin E that also helps to increase the hair’s elasticity and consistently restore shine to dull, lifeless hair. This is a moisturizing shampoo that is free from sulfate, paraben, and other harsh chemicals.
- Rich in vitamin E and omega 6&9
- Consistently restore shine to dull lifeless hair
- Hair loss prevention
- Too thick and might need to be diluted for easy application
Restore Review: I did my research on different hair growth products and this one did the trick for me. I lost a lot of hair after I gave birth to my baby and this shampoo and conditioner have been doing its job. I also have been using castor oil as well.
8. PURA D’OR Advanced Therapy Conditioner- Best Therapy Conditioner
This is a hair product that offers compler=te restoration to your hair and scalp, formulated with essential ingredients to keep your hair healthy and it’s more suitable for your hair if you have suffered some hair breakage in the past or have over-processed hair. PURA D’OR advanced therapy conditioner boosts hair texture and volume, it also encourages fuller thicker hair.
- Boost hair texture and volume
- Provides hydration to hair and scalp
- Moisturizing relieve
Restore Review: This conditioner pairs perfectly with the Pura D’or Original Gold Label Anti-Thinning Shampoo. The shampoo can feel a bit drying at first, but the conditioner is VERY moisturizing. Leaves your hair soft, smooth, and frizz-free. I would like to mention that I cannot use any additional hair oils/sprays before blow drying my hair or it becomes too silky. Kelbabe via Amazon.
9. Shea Moisture Castor Oil- Best Restore Hair Oil
After each wash with shampoo, you do need a product that retains nutrients in your hair hence we have found the right product to keep your hair balanced, conditioner is really very important for a healthy hair and shea moisture castor oil is a restore conditioner you would find very easy to use and with amazing reviews to back up the claim of how effective this conditioner is.
- Organic, cruelty-free.
- Deep conditioning and nourishing moisture.
- Soften and detangles hair while controlling frizz.
- Fragrance too strong but does not linger.
Restore Review: I absolutely love this! My hair is a very bleached and fine texture. I have maybe 4a with a bit of 3c curl pattern. I’m a black woman. This makes my hair feel so soft and wonderful. The smell is lovely and it really does condition the hair. It doesn’t leave any weird residue or build up and I’ve actually purchased a backup. Definitely will continue to use. I just wished the bottle had more product for the price but its worth it. Danielle via Amazon
African pride miracle moisture is a proven hair care product that has been formulated with natural products that are free from harsh chemical ingredients. This is easy to apply products and comes with fast effective results, the main purpose of African pride miracle moisture is to keep your hair properly hydrated, nourish your scalp, promote hair growth, remove tangles and oil buildup.
- Conditions and removes build-ups from dry hair
- Maintains and detangles natural hair
- Moisturizing, hydrating and combating frizz
Restore Review: This product is great for adding slip for the most tangled hair. It works great on all hair types and I love it on my daughter’s 4c hair. It brings out her curls like crazy. Selena via Amazon.
11. Carol’s Daugther Wash Day Delight Water To Foam Shampoo- Best Cleansing Shampoo
This is a game-changing shampoo for your wash day, it is moisturizing and meant to make the ritualistic washing experiment more enjoyable. This shampoo is sulfate-free and transforms from a liquid into a gentle foam lather without any harsh friction but works effortlessly to minimize tangles without drying your hair out.
- Cleanses hair quickly
- Easy to use applicator
- Minimizes tangles
- Not for all-natural hair type
Restoring Review: I have thick, curly hair that was lacking volume and shine lately. I figured I’d try a cleansing shampoo because I probably had a good amount of build-up. I decided on this one, and I am not sorry. My hair is shinier, curlier, and fuller than it has been in a very long time. Will purchase again, for sure. Ophelia via Amazon.
The products you use in taking care of natural black hair will determine how gorgeous and healthy it turns out to be, research has shown that black is more likely to become dry and tangled due to the fact that it needs more nutrients to keep it healthy however hair texture and reaction to organic products is different hence more of natural products is advised.
Read more on black hair products and natural hair hairstyle:
- 10 Best African American Hair Products to Buy In 2020
- 100 Hairstyles For Natural Hair You’ll Really Like
- 7 Challenges That Comes With Keeping Natural Hair
- Natural Hair Types: How Many Are There?
- 30 Different Ways To Style Your Natural Hair At Home
- 17 Best Deep Conditioners For Natural Hair With Great Reviews