Do you want to craft a long gown from your Ankara fabric and don’t have an idea of where to start or what to make? Then this post is for you.
For some, long gowns might be a little unusual while for some it is permissible. Allow us at thrivenaija to inspire you with our unique roundup of the most adorable long gown styles we’ve found on Instagram.
We hope you like these Ankara long gown styles as much as we do.
Remember to follow us on Instagram @thrivenaija and tag us using the hashtag #thrivenaijastyle.
Table of Contents
- 1. No Sleeve Alter Neck Ankara Long Gown Styles
- 2. Stylish Short Sleeve Ankara Gown With Belt
- 3. Cross Neck Sleeve With Step Frock
- 4. Short Cap Sleeve Gown
- 5. Ankara Gown With A Formal Design
- 6. Off Shoulder Gown With Long Cap Sleeves
- 7. One Hand Balloon Sleeve With Sleek Gown
- 8. Full Empire Gown With Waist Robe
- 9. Cross Neck Sleeve On Flowy Gown
- 10. Ruffled Sleeves With Deep Split
- 11. Tiny Strap Mermaid Ankara Gown
- 12. Medium Sleeve With Layered Frock
- 13. Conservative Sleeves With Raglan Frock
- 14. Round Neck Sleeve With Straight Gown
- 15. Dramatic V-neck Off Shoulder On Long Flare Gown
- 16. Stylish Two Layers Ankara Long Gown
- 17. Cross Strap One-Sided Lace Embedded Ankara Gown
- 18. Tiny Strap Bubu Ankara Gown
- 19. Strapless Two Layers Long Ankara Gown
- 20. Long Sleeve Bubu Ankara Gown
- 21. Tub Gown With Layers
- 22. One Hand Sleeve With Slit
- 23. Off Shoulder Gown With Bell Sleeves
- 24. Low Neckline Ball Gown
- 25. Office Collar Gown With Raglan Sleeve
- 26. Loose Neck Sleeveless Gown With Pockets
- 27. Tub Gown With Attached Bow
- 28. Off Shoulder Net Sleeve Mermaid Gown
- 29. One Hand Sleeve With Off Shoulder And Material Wrap
- 30. Two Strap Sleeve With Split
- 31. Off Shoulder Maxi Ankara With Pockets
- 32. Round Neck Ankara Style With Puff Sleeves
- 33. Ankara Fashion Tub Style
- 34. Maxi Ankara Gown
- 35. Waist belt Plus One Hand Gown
- 36. Omotola Sexy Split Gown
- 37. Net Shoulder Gown
- 38. Split Gown With Steps
- 39. Strapless Tub Gown With Or Without Net
- 40. Straight Side Split
- 41. Elegant Turtle Neck Gown
- 42. Off Shoulder Gown
- 43. Simple Tiny Hand With Material Infused
- 44. Strapless Tub Gown
- 45. Dansiki Long Gown
- 46. Ankara Gown With Ruffle On One Sleeve
- 47. Flay Gown Infused With Chiffon
- 48. Egyptian Queen Design
- 49. Simple Body Cut Ankara
- 50. Maxi Infinity Dress
- 51. Simple Maxi Gown With Neck Tie
- 52. Formal Off Shoulder Gown
- 53. Tiny Straps With Fan Hand
- 54. Alter Neck Gown With Backless Straps
- 55. Bulb Ankara Gown
- 56. Wrap Ankara Gown With Long Sleeves
- 57. Unique Hand Ankara Design
- 58. Ankara Style With Side Bulb
- 59. Ankara Layers With Step Cuts
- 60. Crossed-Neck Infinity Wear
We Have Hairstyle Ideas Too
- // 100 African Braids Hairstyle Pictures to Inspire You
- // How to Do Natural Hair Bun (Guide And Style Ideas)
- // How to Style Short Natural Hair: 20 Hairstyle Ideas
- // 100 Hairstyles For Natural Hair You’ll Really Like
- // 30 Different Ways To Style Your Natural Hair At Home
- // 30 Box Braid Hairstyles Worth Trying In 2020
1. No Sleeve Alter Neck Ankara Long Gown Styles
Long Ankara gown has been designed for convenience and it could also be practical and stylish depending on the style you are going for and above is a suitable style if you love your gown sexy and comfortable at the same time.
2. Stylish Short Sleeve Ankara Gown With Belt
Another simple but exotic Ankara gown style you can’t help but love is this style above, this is easy to sew and would take your designer less time on it especially if you have less time to prepare.
3. Cross Neck Sleeve With Step Frock
We love this exotic style, it is fashionable and perfect for all kinds of occasions, the step frock has been added to give it a more classy and it is sure going to be the talk of a party.
4. Short Cap Sleeve Gown
Sewa Amihere has always been one AOP we trust to give us the best in fashionable wears and her Ankara style game is no exception, this is splendid and fitting for a simple wedding.
5. Ankara Gown With A Formal Design
2020 continues to showcase more fancy Ankara styles regardless of the less outing to attend, here is one Ankara style that you can incorporate into your Friday office wear with ease.
6. Off Shoulder Gown With Long Cap Sleeves
A long Ankara style can be as dramatic or less dramatic as you want it but the important thing is to have a style that makes you comfortable as the one above, this is quite a trendy style we can’t help but love.
7. One Hand Balloon Sleeve With Sleek Gown
A balloon sleeve makes all the difference in a style, it makes it look more classic and elegant just the way a fantastic 2020 Ankara long gown should be.
8. Full Empire Gown With Waist Robe
Empire gowns are becoming quite the trendy outfit it should be and this time with Ankara you can enjoy it even more.
Image: @ankarastyles // I am-bisola
Bisola Aiyeola is keeping it simple with this gorgeous and elegant style which is suitable for all kinds of shape and figure.
10. Ruffled Sleeves With Deep Split
Another exotic style you can wear and look graceful and glamorous, this style, in particular, is quite a in trend and makes you the center of attention.
11. Tiny Strap Mermaid Ankara Gown
Nancy Isime has always had a stylish way with styles and Ankara fabrics are not an exception, this carefully creative style says it all about her fashion taste, simple but exquisite.
12. Medium Sleeve With Layered Frock
Keep it on the moderate side with this fascinating Ankara style, perfect for all kinds of occasions.
13. Conservative Sleeves With Raglan Frock
Raglan Frock is usually preferred for an elaborate occasion but with the added sleeve, you can make it look casual and elaborate at the same time.
14. Round Neck Sleeve With Straight Gown
Keep it simple and elegant with this style.
15. Dramatic V-neck Off Shoulder On Long Flare Gown
A large event and an expensive Ankara requires a stylish outfit to complete it and this is one of the most trending styles on and off Instagram and also suitable for all kinds of events.
16. Stylish Two Layers Ankara Long Gown
Wow, what a magnificent way to make a statement, for those who know ceolumineeofficial we know her to be a badass fashion designer if not the one and only, This Ankara style is everything and more.
17. Cross Strap One-Sided Lace Embedded Ankara Gown
Our ever beautiful and jovial Sharon Ooja, I like the fact that she knows what fits her and she goes for it that is very important when it comes to our choices of clothes knowing exactly what and what not to wear.
18. Tiny Strap Bubu Ankara Gown
Ankara Bubu gowns are now very common but this Bisola style is one of its own kind I like the plain material that is used as a flare design in front of it making the gown look not so simple anymore.
19. Strapless Two Layers Long Ankara Gown
Another mouthwatering beautiful masterpiece from ceolumineeofficial, very bold beautiful and classy Ankara style.
20. Long Sleeve Bubu Ankara Gown
A classy Bubu Ankara long gown suitable for kinds of occasions.
21. Tub Gown With Layers
Looking elegant requires an exotic African style like the one above, you can easily add sleeves to the hand if you would feel more comfortable but with a style like that, you can get jaws dropping at any event.
22. One Hand Sleeve With Slit
Perfect style for you if you do not mind adding some bold daring look to your style, it’s simple and fitting for all kinds of parties, from casual to elaborate.
23. Off Shoulder Gown With Bell Sleeves
A simple style you can easily have your tailor make for you with no stress, this is one style that would continue to be in trend.
24. Low Neckline Ball Gown
A ball gown makes all the difference at an event and just like the elegant style above, you can get to look astonishing.
25. Office Collar Gown With Raglan Sleeve
For formal outings, a style like the one above is all you need, nothing too dramatic and you would be standing out with a style like that.
26. Loose Neck Sleeveless Gown With Pockets
One of the long gowns that have been in trend for a while now and would continue to be is the gown above, very casual and right for simple outings, the style can also be made more elaborate by adding more designs to it.
27. Tub Gown With Attached Bow
Lot’s of female-like tub gowns that are comfortable and not overly revealing, this is a style you can easily sew for weddings that are in a hurry, another design can also be incorporated into it to make a different style.
28. Off Shoulder Net Sleeve Mermaid Gown
Time to add some glamour to your long gowns, turn those boring gowns around a little and do something different and beautiful like the style above, it’s classy and splendid for all elaborate occasions.
29. One Hand Sleeve With Off Shoulder And Material Wrap
Image: @irene_amara1 // Instagram
Another trending long gown to add to your wardrobe is this style above, it’s gorgeous, more interestingly, you can wear it for casual and elaborate outings.
30. Two Strap Sleeve With Split
Stunning is the right word for this style, it is also comfortable and you can easily hit the dance floor at an occasion without further ado.
31. Off Shoulder Maxi Ankara With Pockets
Maxi gowns are very interesting styles to use for all occasions and that’s not all, there different ways you can even make your maxi gown look, all you need to add to this maxi Ankara style us some confidence.
32. Round Neck Ankara Style With Puff Sleeves
Another style that won’t take your tailor forever to sew is the style above, a simple but stunning style you can pull off with confidence.
33. Ankara Fashion Tub Style
If you like a little bold and daring in your style then you might want to take a second look at this. We must admit this style is fabulous and obviously trendy.
34. Maxi Ankara Gown
We just can’t stop admiring maxi gowns and here is another one that should spark some interest. A nice style for Sunday service.
35. Waist belt Plus One Hand Gown
Everyone should get a chance to rock what is in trend and this Ankara gown is one way to start.
36. Omotola Sexy Split Gown
This is a series of wow rolled in sexy, as a real Omotola sass added to it.
37. Net Shoulder Gown
This gown has a sweet appeal to it. A soft and interesting combination to wear to any occasion of your choice.
38. Split Gown With Steps
Love sassy with attitude? This definitely compliments it.
39. Strapless Tub Gown With Or Without Net
Are you bold and have some spark to rock this gown? This fabulous tub gown is exactly what you need to get your designer to make for you.
40. Straight Side Split
There are just many amazing ways to put split in a gown and this is just one of those. it’s simple yet elegant and if I must say this is rocking my fashion boat soon.