Practising social isolation or constantly working from means no chance to hit the gym, it is important to sneak in a workout when you could. Everyone wishes for a fitted body and a well-sculpted shape without trying too hard but this is not going to just happen however you can try a simple at-home exercise that can keep your body active and sharp.
Daily exercise is great for optimizing good health but there are so many options and it is easy to get overwhelmed with what works which is why we have rounded up simple basic exercises that can be added to your home routine with ease.
You can really get a great workout without leaving the house, it is more about finding easy exercises that can be easily added to your routine. Home exercise can help reduce anxiety and build endorphins during this time of collective anxiety.
Consistency is key if you want to get into great shape while working out at home, it won’t cost you money or take much effort for you to design an exercise routine to keep your body in shape at home. If you are cooped up at home and stressed out, getting a simple work out might help out.
Home Ideal Exercise Routine To Keep Your Body Sharp
Whether you sit at a desk at home all day or trying to keep your body and mind sharp from anxiety, below are simple exercises to relieve tension and improve your bodies ability to handle physical exertion.
1. Plank Rotation
Watch Us On YouTube
Plank rotation challenges your muscles, it engages your core, tighten abs and maintain your body straight in line, there is no special training required, all you need is to create time for this easy exercise. Plank with rotations increase the magnitude of the challenge and brings additional muscle groups into play and you can feel more energised and active through the day. Below is how to perform plank rotation at home with ease.
- Place yourself in a plank position, this is done by lying on your front with your elbows locked out and your palms flat on the floor, your legs should be straight out behind you
- Tighten abs and glutes to hold up your body, ensure to focus on keeping your glutes and abs squeezed hard throughout your body so that your body remains in a straight line from shoulder to ankle
- Reach elbow up toward the sky and slowly upper body back, look the same direction
- Hold for 1-3 seconds, return slowly and repeat another side to count one repetition
The crunch is one of the most popular forms of abdominal exercise, it involves the entire abs but primarily also works the muscles and tightening the belly. Crunch can help your flatten your belly, keep your body in shape and it also simple enough to be done at home, it is a classic core exercise and you can do it in the comfort of your home with this simple steps below.
- Start by lying on the floor with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground
- Afterwards, cross your arms over your chest
- Then you lift your shoulders off the mat while contracting your abs and exhaling
- You should hold this pose for 1-2 seconds, then inhale and slowly lower back down
A squat is another amazing exercise you can practice at home to keep your body and mind sharp, in a squat, you may feel your thighs is on fire and your lower back pulling when you are supposed to feel most of the weight on your butt but this is normal as most of us have slight muscular imbalances in our bodies. A squat is a great exercise for the whole body. Here is how to do a better squat.
- Stand with the bar on your upper back and your feet shoulder-width apart
- Squat down by pushing your knees to the side while moving your hips back
- Squat down until our hips are lower than your knees
- Then squat back up while keeping your knees and chest out
Lunges are great exercise for strengthening, sculpting and building several muscles/muscle group if you are spending most of your time indoor with no chance to stretch your muscles then lunge is the perfect exercise to practice at home. Lunges define the shape of your legs and glutes and improve your balance, coordination and stability. There are various types of lunges you can do and below is how to do a proper lunge for beginners.
- Stand with your feet width apart
- Take a large step forward with one leg
- Ensure to keep the weight on your front foot as you lower your hips while keeping the front foot flat and back heel lifted
- Descend until your rear knee almost touches the floor and the front knee is stacked directly above the knee at 90º bend in both knees
- Drive through the heel of your front foot, pushing yourself back up to a starting position.
5. Push Up
Push-ups are just as effective and similar to planks, push-ups are fantastic functional exercise for a sharp fit body. Traditional push-ups are recommended for a lady but must be done right to avoid cramps. Push-up is fast and effective for building strength and staying healthy.
The correct setup for a standard push up is to position your hand’s shoulder-width apart or a bit wider than that, bend your elbows and lower toward the ground, your elbow should be at least 45-degree angles to your body.
6. Skipping Ropes
Skipping is another interesting exercise that keeps you healthy and active, this is an easy form of exercise you can have incorporated into your daily routine as a way to have fun and relax, just 30 minutes of jumping rope works wonders in building strength and increasing overall muscle tone. This can easily become your mini daily workout or a warmup exercise, especially for the arms and legs.
7. Split Squat
Split squat can get you that fantastic shape you want without leaving the comfort of your home, split squats are great for increasing lower body mobility and this is due to the fact that it’s a loaded stretch so as you lower down into a squat movement, the weight of your body and also added to the weight from any implement you will be holding force a bigger stretch on your muscle. Here
- From a standing position, take a long step forward as if performing a lunge
- The heel of your back foot should be raised and keep your torso straight, lower slowly until your back knee almost touches the floor then push back up.
- Complete all your reps on one leg and you can switch to the other.
Trying to stay active while you work from home can be a bit difficult as it is easy for the body and mind to relax or become too stressed to bother however exercising as much as you can will not only help lose unwanted weight but your mind and body active and stressfree, above are easy exercises you can do at home with less hassle, any of this exercise can be done in the morning or before bedtime. Ensure to combine these easy exercises with eating healthy for a healthier body.
Read more on exercises and how to stay stress-free when you work from home:
- 5 Simple Exercise Moves To Help You Stay Active As You Work From Home
- 10 Simple Yet Effective Exercises to Flatten Your Belly
- 7 Simple Hacks to Stay Sane As You Work From Home
- 10 Immune Boosting Foods To Eat Often In Times Like This
- 5 Healthy Living Tips To Live By For A Healthier 2020
- Crunches: Do This Exercise Everyday If You Want A Flat Belly