Belly fat also known as visceral fat can pose danger to your overall health.
Abdominal fat has been implicated in many chronic illnesses. Particularly, they have been found to increase the risk for diabetes, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, certain cancers, and even mortality.
Belly fat is difficult, however, they are helpful tips to get rid of visceral fat.
Particularly, two factors are key to flattening your tummy; diet and exercise.
Diet is very vital for weight loss. As such, you should pay attention to portion size. Consume more lean protein, whole grains, fruits and vegetables instead of refined sugars. Also, consider replacing saturated and trans fats with polyunsaturated fats in your diet.
Exercise helps you lose weight by burning more calories and boosting your metabolism. What’s more, certain moderate-intensity and strength-training exercise are particularly effective at getting rid of abdominal fat.
However, most of these exercises require lying on the floor and may require you to use a mat to avoid back pain.
After exploring 14 Scientifically Proven Ways to Lose Belly Fat, Here are 10 simple exercises to further flatten your belly.
One of the best exercises to lose abdominal fat is crunches. They help tone your abdominal muscles and burn off excess fat from around your abdomen.
- Lie flat on your back and bend your knees slightly forming a triangle on the floor.
- Plant your feet firmly on the floor, placing them apart at a distance approximately the width of your hips.
- Place your hand behind your head or cross them over your chest and tighten your stomach muscles.
- Exhale as you use your abdominal muscles to raise your head and upper back off the floor.
- Hold your position for 3 to 5 seconds. Inhale as you return to your starting position.
- Repeat the process 10 to 12 times to form a complete set.
- Perform 3 sets, 4 times a week, to see a visible reduction in your abdominal fat within 60 days.
Note: Don’t jerk your head forward while doing crunches as this will put pressure on your neck and result in pain.