8. Dumbbell Squats
Dumbbell squat is a very potent exercise to trim off excessive and stubborn fat around your abdomen. It also strengthens and tones the muscles of the hips, thighs, buttocks and lower back.
- Place your feet firmly on the ground at a shoulder-length distance apart.
- Carry dumbbells of equal weight in both hands. For beginners, you can start with 1-pound dumbbells in each hand.
- Move your hips backward as if you were going to sit on a chair.
- Bring your arms forward and squat. Ensure your chest stays well above your hips.
- Return to your starting position.
- Repeat 5 to 10 times and gradually increase to 25 times.
- Do this exercise 3 times a week to have a flat belly and well-defined abs.
9. Flutter Kicks
Flutter kick is a very popular exercise to lose abdominal fat fast. It acts mostly in the stomach area as well as the hips and thighs, which are most likely to accumulate fat.
In addition, it will also strengthen and tone your stomach muscles.
- Lie down flat on your back.
- Put your hands behind your head and keep your head and shoulders lifted slightly off the floor.
- Put your two legs together, extended outward and straight.
- Tighten your abdomen and lift off your feet off the ground.
- Now, start the flutter kicks by raising one leg a few inches off the ground and bringing is back to the first position. As your right leg goes down, bring the left one up.
- Keep doing this as long as your strength can carry you.
- Do this once a day to burn belly fat and to have a visible flat abdomen.
10. Chair Pose
Chair pose is an effective exercise for an abdominal workout.
It strengthens and tones the abdominal muscle. It also works the muscles in your arms and legs, as well as stimulates the heart.
- Stand erect with your feet about hip-width apart.
- Inhale and slowly raise your arms straight above your head.
- Exhale and fold your body forward at your hips to form a 45-degree angle.
- Keep your knees slightly bent, as if you are about to sit on a chair.
- Hold the position for about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Strengthen your knees and stand up erect.
- Exhale and release your arms to your sides.
- Repeat this procedure 10 to 15 times to complete a cycle.
- Do this exercise 3 or 4 times a week, to get rid of abdominal fat and flatten your belly.
If you’re bent on reading more, here are 11 simple ways to get rid of visceral fat.
Watch Us On YouTube