Before using a drug or supplement, it is important to ask questions, make research, and get your conclusions right. Wrong prescription and lack of proper understanding of what to be used can result in a lot of damages and for some, death.
The use of collagen has been proven to be effective for a lot of people over the years. Many have used it to make their skin better, hair growth, greater bones, heart health, and many more. However, are there side effects to taking collagen?
Is collagen bad for some people? What happens if you use collagen and it doesn’t work?
Collagen is one of the most abundant proteins in the body. Collagen is made up of the fusion of an abundance of some amino acids in the body. These amino acids are glycine, proline, and hydroxyproline. Some nutrients that aid in the production of collagen in the body is Vitamin C and copper.
Collagen can be found in the human body and also in animals too. One of the sources of collagen supplements is animal skin. There are about 28 types of collagen in the body, and the first type takes 90% of the collagen in the body. It is found in the skin, tendon, bones, and internal organs.
The production of collagen reduces as a result of aging, exposure to the sun, smoking, and other environmental factors. From the age of 20-25, the reduction in the production of collagen in the body begins. However, there are ways to get collagen back into the body; food and supplements.
Is collagen good for the body?
Yes! Collagen has tons of benefits for the body.
Watch Us On YouTube
- The elasticity of skin: the most attractive benefit of collagen is that it takes off wrinkles and reduces signs of aging. It gives strength to the skin and retains the moisture in one’s skin.
- Healthy bones: another attractive benefit of collagen is this. As we age, it is normal to feel the joints losing their strength and this opens the joint for different kinds of joint illnesses. collagen restores strength to the cartilages and helps them stay strong.
- Hair: especially for the female, having beautiful, moisturized, and hydrated hair is something we wish can stay forever with us. Collagen doesn’t just make the hair grow, it helps the hair stay hydrated and moisturized.
- Heart health: collagen has been tested to help reduce heart diseases. The arteries are blood vessels that carry blood into the heart, without collagen, they will become weak and unstable, causing a lot of heart-related diseases.
- Wound healing: an abundance of collagen pages allows for new tissues to grow and also causes cells to heal wounds.
Can there be negative sides to the use of collagen?
Yes! Although, the benefits of collagen surpass its defects. According to a study done by researchers from the University of Navarra School of Medicine, excess collagen and not enough of the chemical that breaks it down was found in people with high blood pressure”.
This implies that while the intake of collagen is good and has been effective for various people. It is important to know the right amount to use that will best suit you. Collagen should not just be taken without a doctor’s prescription. It can lead to various damages, internally and externally.
Also, collagen intake can cause various allergic reactions that may be dangerous to your health. i.e itching, swelling, vomiting, sneezing, and many others. If you experience any of this, discontinue and visit your doctor.
Wrapping it up
Is Collagen good for the body? Yes.
Can it be harmful to the body? Yes! The wrong prescription of collagen can cause a lot of damage to your internal organ and skin. Before you decide to begin your collagen intake, kindly visit your doctor for an appropriate prescription.