6. Chair Pose
As the name implies, this pose resembles the act of sitting on a chair, but in this case, the chair is invisible. The chair pose is an essential component of the Sun Salutation pose, but it can also be practiced on its own to build strength and stamina throughout your body.
Another benefit of this pose is that it stimulates your heart while massaging your abdominal organs. It also aids in weight loss and improves the respiratory system.
How to Use Chair Pose to Boost Immunity.
- Stand upright and keep your legs slightly apart.
- With your palms facing down, stretch your arms out straight. Do not bend your elbows.
- Exhale and slowly act out the position of sitting in a chair, bending your knees and pushing your pelvis down.
- As you embrace the position, ensure that your hands are parallel to the floor.
- Hold the pose for about 1 minute, keeping your spine absolutely straight. Take deep breaths to calm your mind and relax.
- Exhale and gently return to your original position.
- Repeat the steps 10 times.
7. Tree Pose
The tree pose is another important yoga pose to boost immunity. It resembles the stability of a tree, as it requires balancing yourself on each leg for about a minute.
The tree pose makes your spine stronger and helps with nerve-muscle coordination. It also improves your flexibility, gives you stamina and strengthens your mind.
What’s more, it helps calm a stressed and frustrated mind.
How to Use Tree Pose to Boost Immunity.
- Stand straight, keeping your arms at your sides and your feet hip-width apart.
- Place the sole of your right foot high up on your left thigh. Ensure the sole is placed firmly.
- Keeping the left leg erect, find your balance.
- Breathe in while bringing your hands together in a salutation seal near your heart.
- Keep looking straight ahead to help you keep your balance.
- Keeping your spine straight, inhale deeply and relax your body every time you exhale.
- Slowly bring down your arms and return to your original position.
- Repeat the steps with the right leg.