How do you keep your beauty blender clean? Keeping a beauty blender clean is the least favorite job of many women but this is very important to keep your makeup kit extremely clean and healthy. A beauty blender is a versatile makeup sponge that can be used for practically anything in your makeup bags such as bb cream, foundations, and concealer but to get the most out of your beauty blender it is essential to keep it clean
A beauty blender is a crucial part as it helps you to perfectly apply your foundation, blend your concealer, and smooth on your serums. You can easily dispose of the standard cosmetic sponges but the beauty blender and other similar sponges last long and can be cleaned too.
It is vital that you clean your beauty blender regularly to keep it free from harmful bacteria and remove stains. This article contains how to clean a beauty blender.
What is a beauty blender used for?
A beauty blender is a teardrop-shaped sponge which is used to apply makeup, it is a versatile makeup sponge that can be used for practically anything you can think of in your makeup application. Some of the common use of beauty blender includes bb cream, concealer, foundation, and any other thing you can think of in your makeup kit.
How To Clean A Beauty Blender
A beauty blender is a non-disposable sponge applicator that allows you to apply your makeup with ease and makes your foundation look flawless without trying too hard. Beauty blenders have recently been introduced to the makeup world but have become essential for making a perfect foundation application. The cleaning process for your beauty blender is universal, here are a couple of ways to clean your beauty blender.
Option 1: Basic Cleansing
The basic cleaning involves the use of soap and water, cleaning your makeup sponge can be easy and done simply with the use of soap and water and this makes things more convenient as you can get these things at home for fast cleaning. This basic cleaning allows you to wash your beauty blender after every use.
- Prepare a dish of warm soap water, dish soap is not recommended for this as it could irritate your skin when you use the sponge later hence use a dollop of gentle hand wash soap or shampoo mixed with warm water.
- Drop the sponge into the bowl of warm soapy water and squeeze it three times with your hands and allow it to soak for 30 minutes and expect the water to take on a tan hue as it draws the foundation and other cosmetics out of the beauty blender.
- After this, massage cleanser onto the most heavily spoiled area of the beauty blender and ensure to use a gentle cleanser to avoid damaging the sponge. Consider using organic shampoo with gentle formula or moisturizing shampoo.
- Spend 2-3 minutes massaging the cleanser on the sponge, try not to use a scrubbing brush or abrasive tools and rather use only your fingertips.
- Rince the beauty blender free of soap under warm water to wash all the cleanser out.
- Analyze whether the sponge is adequately clean and you can move to the drying process or might need to wash again.
- You can dry using paper towels and squeeze gently to absorb any excess water or let it sit in a dry location to continue air drying.
Option 2: Clean Your Beauty Blender With A Cleansing Pad
After performing the basic cleaning and your beauty blender still appears really dirty then you might need to clean on a cleansing pad, this is also known as deep cleaning. Those who are well versed in the world of makeup are familiar with this procedure. A cleansing pad is a flat piece of silicon and it contains various bumps and ridges that let you clean your sponge on it, it loosens the makeup product from the beauty blender when rubbed on it.
Begin this process by wetting your beauty blender and follow up with gentle soap and lightly rub it on the cleaning mat until you see makeup coming out of it. This process requires being gentle to avoid damaging your makeup sponge and finish by rinsing under the sink and gently squeezing to remove leftover makeup.
Option 3: Heat Sterilization
Heat sterilization is another popular trick method some beauty gurus used in cleaning their beauty blender, this is a process that should be done at least once a month even if you wash your beauty blender every day, this is a standard cleaning method that removes all stain and harmful bacterias from the sponge. The best way to kill bacterias that lie deep within your beauty blender is with a short burst of intense heat.
- Fill a microwave bowl with 1 inch of water and place the sponge in the center of the bowl as a fully dirty sponge should not be microwaved, it could damage the material and even cause a fire.
- Microwave for 30 seconds and keep your eye ion the microwave while it works
- Let it rest for 1-2 minutes before removing the bowl from the microwave and you can wait for this to cool before removing from the bowl.
- Gently roll the sponge in a clean dry paper towel and let it sit at room temperature to dry. Wait till your beauty blender is completely dry before using it.
Can I clean my beauty blender with olive oil?
Another beauty trick you can apply to clean your beauty blender is with the use of olive oil. You are to apply this olive oil to your beauty blender before washing with soap and warm water, you can create a mild solution with water and gentle dishwashing soap and water to create a cleansing solution and you can wash the beauty blender with this solution then rinse it clean. This is a double cleanse for your beauty blender and ensure not a trace of makeup remains.
Letting your beauty blender sit for long without washing is not a very good idea, it promotes bacterial growth and can be transferred to the skin when next you use. If you use your beauty blender every day, you can perform the basic cleaning method once per week as part of your routine cleaning and if you use it once a week then you can ensure to clean once every two weeks. Routine cleaning will keep your beauty blender safe from bacteria and enhance smooth application.
Read more on makeup kits and beauty tips:
- 10 Beauty Looks We Are Liking Over A Thousand Times On Instagram
- Tony Moly Makeup Products for Teens
- What Is The Best Essential Oil For Tightening Skin?
- Everyday Summer Beauty Essentials: 8 Lotions, Moisturizers Under $20 to Buy
- 7 Simple Hacks to Getting Amazingly Full Brows
- 10 Harmful Skincare Ingredients to Avoid