One of the most vital products natural hair needs is a conditioner and you do not have to break the bank to get a quality conditioner, natural hair craves moisture and one of the ways you can lock moisture in is to get a regular conditioner for your hair, there is never a perfect time to reach for a conditioner, either for a wash and go look, spritz on thirsty curls throughout the day, use overnight for maximum hair dehydration, simply put, there is no way you can go wrong with a conditioner.
Caring and maintaining your natural hair comes with keeping your hair routine healthy and the most expensive product might not be needed for this, conditioner plays a lot’s of role in keeping your hair healthy hence we have picked some top-rated, affordable conditioner to keep your hair healthy.
A naturalist with fine delicate strands needs a conditioner a tad different from a thick coarse hair texture however we gathered 10 of leave-in conditioner that offers just the right moisture for your hair to thrive.
Table of Contents
- Is hair conditioner good for natural hair?
- Do we need to wash hair after applying conditioner?
- How to pick a conditioner for your hair type
- 10 Best Cheap Natural Hair Conditioners Under $15
- 1. Carol’s Daughter Almond Milk Restoring Conditioner- Best Overall Natural Hair Conditioner
- 2. Argan Oil Conditioner- Best Frizzy And Curly Hair Conditioner
- 3. Cantu Shea Butter Hydrating Conditioner- Best Hydrating Conditioner
- 4. Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner- Best For Color Treated Natural Hair
- 5. Design Essentials Moisturizing Conditioner- Best Conditioner for Dry Natural Hair
- 6. Tgin Green Tea Super Moist Leave-in Conditioner- Best Curly Hair Leave-in Conditioner
- 7. ArtsNatural Conditioner- Best Budget Conditioner
- 8. Simple Suds Co. All Natural Weightless Hair Conditioner- Best Weightless Conditioner
- 9. Almond And Avocado Design Essentials Natural Moisturizing Conditioner- Best Detangling Conditioner
- 10. Shea Moisture Conditioner- Runner Up
Is hair conditioner good for natural hair?
Conditioner is the best hair product for your hair if you are trying to revert your curls to their natural state after too much heat damage and breakage or if you are transitioning to natural hair, the conditioner will be needed to help restore vital nutrients back to your hair shaft while strengthening it and preventing breakage. A quality conditioner can make all the difference in dry coarse hair.
Do we need to wash hair after applying conditioner?
Conditioner is usually the second step to hair washing after shampoo however if you want a smooth tangle-free hair, applying a conditioner sparingly won’t be enough to achieve that, you need to condition your hair with every wash, use a conditioner before and after washing your hair to properly lock in moisture.
Leave in conditioner does not need to be rinsed out but needs to be applied to damp hair. A deep conditioner needs to be rinsed out gently though leaving your hair feeling soft.
How to pick a conditioner for your hair type
There are varieties of conditioners out there but each type specializing in a particular hair type, how do you choose conditioner for your hair type? Natural African American curls are vastly different, as there are those with oily hair and dry hair. In order to keep your hair free from damages and rather keep it healthy, you need to know what type of conditioner you need.
- Use damage repair conditioner if your hair is extremely dry and frizzy
- If your hair isn’t extremely dry but feels a little dry on the side, you should go for hydrating conditioner for slightly to moderately dry hair
- Oily and limp hair should altogether skip a conditioner and rather go for a volumizing product to add moisture back into your strand.
- Go for a lightweight moisturizing conditioner wavy hair to keep your frizz under control during dry weather.
- Use volumizing conditioner for a fine, flat hair
10 Best Cheap Natural Hair Conditioners Under $15
Shampooing is a harsh product that strips your hair of many nutrients needed to keep it healthy and prevent dryness hence why conditioning is recommended to lock in moisture and restore your hair nutrient, you do not have to break a bank to get the best conditioner, below are 10 best natural hair conditioners under $15.
- Carol’s Daughter Almond Milk Restoring Conditioner– Best Overall Natural Hair Conditioner
- Argan Oil Conditioner– Best Frizzy And Curly Hair Conditioner
- Cantu Shea Butter Hydrating Conditioner– Best Hydrating Conditioner
- Morrocan Argan Oil Conditioner– Best For Color Treated Natural Hair
- Design Essentials Moisturizing Conditioner– Best Conditioner for Dry Natural Hair
- Tgin Green Tea Super Moist Leave-in Conditioner– Best Curly Hair Leave-in Conditioner
- ArtsNatural Conditioner– Best Budget Conditioner
- Simple Suds Co. All-Natural Conditioner– Best Weightless Conditioner
- Almond And Avocado Design Essentials Natural Moisturizing Conditioner– Best Detangling Conditioner
- Best Moisture Conditioner– Runner Up
|Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner SLS Sulfate Free Organic - Best Hair Conditioner for Damaged, Dry, Curly or Frizzy Hair||Check Amazon|
|Top||Carol’s Daughter Almond Milk Daily Damage Repair Shampoo and Conditioner Set For Damaged Hair||Check Amazon|
|Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Hydrating Cream Conditioner, 13.5 Ounce (07532-12/3EU)||Check Amazon|
|Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner Sulfate Free - Best for Damaged, Dry, Curly or Frizzy Hair - Thickening for Fine / Thin Hair, Safe for Color||Check Amazon|
|Design Essentials Natural Rosemary & Mint Stimulating Super Moisturizing Conditioner For Dry, Brittle Hair - 6 Oz||Check Amazon|
|tgin Green Tea Super Moist Leave-in Conditioner For Natural Hair - Dry Hair - Curly Hair 13 Oz||Check Amazon|
|Simple Suds Co. All Natural Weightless Hair Conditioner, Silky Smooth, 6 Ounce||Check Amazon|
|Design Essentials Natural Moisturizing & Super Detangling Sulfate-Free Conditioner with Natural Shea Butter and Coconut Milk-Almond||Check Amazon|
|Shea Moisture Strengthen & Restore Leave-In Conditioner 16 oz (Pack Of 1)||Check Amazon|
1. Carol’s Daughter Almond Milk Restoring Conditioner- Best Overall Natural Hair Conditioner
Carol’s daughter almond milk is a restoring conditioner for color or over-processed hair, this conditioner is sulfate-free, helps renew hair vitality without weighing it down, this product comes with a shampoo which is also formulated to also restore damages done to natural hair. This has been made with carefully selected ingredients to make your hair feel healthy and cared for.
- Repairs damaged hair
- Nourishing hair mask
- Formulated especially for curly hair of all kind
- Has a pretty heavy scent
Sparkling Review: I am soooooo excited my product came….I absolutely love this stuff on my hair…my curls are popping ….my hair loves it…so I did a wash work another product that was trying on my hair and today when this came I took a small section of my hair (shown in pic ) and rubbed the conditioner over it and immediately my curls pop….I will upload a pic with my full head washed with the product…..please Carol daughter don’t change a thing about this product ?2nd pic update. Amazon Customer via Amazon.
2. Argan Oil Conditioner- Best Frizzy And Curly Hair Conditioner
Moroccan Argan oil naturally is a great essential oil for restoring dry and brittle hair hence it has been used to formulate this conditioner to help detangle your hair strand and give you a smooth healthy hair shaft, other benefits of Argan oil conditioner includes rejuvenating weak and severely damaged natural hair, intensively hydrate your scalp and reverses the damages caused by dryness and dehydration.
- For all hair types
- Formulated with natural and hydrating properties
- Repairs damaged hair faster
- Gentle on scalp
Sparkling Review: This is an unbelievable product!! I have naturally curly & dry hair….last year I had some highlights put in my hair and the hairdresser fried my hair. It looked like cotton. I have spent the last several months trying all kinds of products to repair my hair and nothing was bringing the shine back to it….always went back to being dry and brittle the next day. I have been using this product for about a week now…. and let me tell you…. my hair is feeling and looking amazing. I have been getting all kinds of compliments on it and someone even mentioned how shiny my hair was!!! I finally am feeling good about my hair again and this conditioner, along with the same brand shampoo have made all the difference. The product also arrived quickly and in good condition. Will be buying this for years to come!! Debra Mann via Amazon.
3. Cantu Shea Butter Hydrating Conditioner- Best Hydrating Conditioner
Cantu shea butter is best for colored natural hair and hair deprived of moisture, this hydrating conditioner is perfect for dry brittle hair as well and very little of it is needed to restore damages done to your hair and scalp. This is a natural hair hydrating conditioner formulated for type 4 coily hair, curly, type 3 curly hair and type 2 wavy hair.
- Leaves hair healthy and hydrated
- Great Scent
- Not for all curly hair type
Sparkling Review: This stuff works really well, especially for a rinse-out conditioner. When I rinsed it out, I don’t think I even needed to add a leave-in conditioner, to be honest. But I didn’t want to make that attempt. I have high porosity of 4a/4b hair. Shai via Amazon
4. Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner- Best For Color Treated Natural Hair
Another conditioner that has been specially formulated with argan oil is Moroccan conditioner, this conditioner is sulfate-free and suitable for damaged, dry, frizzy, or curly hair, made with the best natural ingredients to lock in nutrients into your hair shaft. It contains 100% natural Moroccan argan oil which nourishes the hair with important nutrients while reducing flaking and dryness.
- Helps with dryness and frizz
- Gives easy to manage hair
- Promote the growth of healthy strong hair
Sparkling Review: This is by far the best conditioner I have ever used! I have blonde, color-treated hair and have tried EVERYTHING to get rid of my frizz or the baby fly aways when I flat iron my hair. This is the only product that has made my hair so soft and healthy! The smell is amazing too! I will always use this conditioner from now on! Jaime via Amazon.
5. Design Essentials Moisturizing Conditioner- Best Conditioner for Dry Natural Hair
Design essentials moisturizing conditioner is just the right conditioner for all hair types, made with a blend of natural moisturizers, botanical extracts, and vegetable emollients, the ingredients have been carefully selected to give your hair the best feel.
- Infused with rosemary to help purify hair
- Re-energize your hair and scalp
- Leaves hair greasy
Sparkling Review: I have 4a hair and leaving on LA is an added bonus for how dry my hair typically can get. However, this product restores so much moisture into my hair and the peppermint truly makes my scalp feel refreshed. The post was and conditioning I also use the Design Essential Kukui & Coconut Hydrating Leave-In Conditioner and seal it with olive oil. Titiola Laosebikan via Amazon.
6. Tgin Green Tea Super Moist Leave-in Conditioner- Best Curly Hair Leave-in Conditioner
Tgin green tea super moist conditioner is a lightweight formula that restores your hair’s natural oils without causing excessive build-up, leaving your hair smooth and lustrous and also easing scalp inflammation. It contains green tea which promotes hair growth while preventing hair loss and enhance proper blood circulation on your scalp.
- All hair types
- Effectively detangles
- Reduces breakages and flyaways
- Best for hair growth
- The fragrance is too strong
Sparkling Review: I’ve been using this product for about a year and I do love the way it moisturizes my hair. I can use it alone or add another hair product to it. A little goes a long way and I particularly love it for my ends. I have a coily hair texture so this product works well for me. The best thing is that it contains NO coconut oil, which is great because coconut oil doesn’t like me. So if you’re looking for that kind of leave-in conditioner, you might want to give this a try. C.Gant via Amazon.
7. ArtsNatural Conditioner- Best Budget Conditioner
Artsnatural conditioner is another affordable and awesome conditioner for your natural hair, it’s is sulfate and paraben-free, this powerful moisturizing conditioner is formulated with the best ingredients for restoring moisture to dry and coarse hair. This conditioner is suitable for all hair types.
- Deep conditioning and moisturizing
- For all hair types
- Hydrating and protective properties
Sparkling Review: Since I found this conditioner, it is the only one that I use now. Love it. I feel since I started using it (about 6 months) my hair is in better condition. It used to be dry and coarse. Now it’s soft and manageable. It’s a thick and creamy conditioner, stays on. Smells great too! I also use the shampoo that matches it. The shampoo is very good too. Tee Del via Amazon.
8. Simple Suds Co. All Natural Weightless Hair Conditioner- Best Weightless Conditioner
All-natural weightless conditioner is the best option for your lightweight wavy hair, it helps retain moisture and quite affordable too. It can also be used to restore moisture to dry and brittle hair if it has also been formulated with natural ingredients to give your hair a healthy lustrous feel.
- All hair types
- Natural ingredients
- Weightless conditioning
Sparkling Review: My hair is silky and smooth! So happy to find this product! I’m pregnant so being extra careful of the products I’m using, so I was thrilled to find this. I think it’s new. My hair feels and smells great! JLO via Amazon.
9. Almond And Avocado Design Essentials Natural Moisturizing Conditioner- Best Detangling Conditioner
Design essentials natural moisturizing conditioner is a super Detangling sulfate-free conditioner formulated with natural shea butter, coconut milk, almond, and avocado which are awesome natural ingredients for your hair, not only does it aid hair growth but also prevents breakage while restoring your hair to its natural state.
- Delivers intense moisture and hydration
- Contains nourishing botanicals and vitamin E
- Removes knot and tangles gently
- Not for all hair types
Sparkling Review: MY HAIR LOVES THIS STUFF. I have a type 4, natural kinky/curly hair texture. It’s low porosity. It can be stubborn about staying moisturized. Often times, I hardly notice a decent curl pattern. But this conditioner? Holy crap. Totally makes my hair feel like butter, my curls pop, and completely brings life to my hair. I love it! Jada via Amazon.
10. Shea Moisture Conditioner- Runner Up
Shea moisture conditioner is recommended mostly for transitioning natural hair, it locks in nutrients keeps your hair soft during this period, it is inexpensive and works effectively well. This conditioner contains Shea butter which is a great moisturizing ingredient for dry, over-processed hair, this is also great for keeping your scalp properly hydrated.
- Provides ample hydration
- Nourishes dry and damaged hair
- Too thick for some hair texture
Sparkling Review: This is one of the only conditioners I’ve found that actually helps get rid of (perhaps hide/smooth) my split ends. I don’t use it as a leave-in. Instead, I put it on, detangle in the shower, then rinse out. I have super fine hair and it’s too heavy as a leave-in, but using it this way it’s been a dream. If I use anything else I can see my split ends–with this, it’s like the vast majority don’t exist. I also like that it’s all-natural and I know what I’m putting in my hair and down the drain. Wonderful product. HomeOffice via Amazon.
The key to a healthy natural hair is the best conditioner, to hydrate and keep your curls healthy and above are some of the most affordable and offer your hair long-lasting moisture however it is advisable to go for a conditioner that works best for your hair type as this would prevent your natural hair from becoming extremely dry.
Read more on conditioner hair care tips for natural hair:
- 17 Best Deep Conditioners For Natural Hair With Great Reviews
- 10 Best African American Hair Products to Buy In 2020
- 13 Best Hair Grease Products For Natural Hair
- 4 Simple Ways to Straighten Natural Hair
- 7 Challenges That Comes With Keeping Natural Hair
- How Often Should You Wash Natural Hair?
- What Is 4C Hair? (Natural Hair Types Explained)